Another Critical Asset BLOCKED [SOLVED]

boleyd

I have two FFR ground texture assets used in many places and on several routes + many other assets that are suddenly obsolete or faulty.
Now I see that the censors have decided to block them for newly created violations.
Some gobbly-gook about textures and a route build number.
More like a government operation - Create laws and nuts to the consequences.

Why should a paying customer be forced to either spend time finding suitable replacements, and then installing them on the routes?
Or, learn the mysteries of the CONFIG folders and fix the assets.
There is no direct benefit except to N3V and that is dubious.

I my opinion (which has little to no impact) N3V should fix the assets they break, not the customer.
But this is a typical low-budget game operation and that has become the accepted norm in that world.

textures.jpg

Last edited:
I have two FFR ground texture assets used in many places and on several routes + many other assets that are suddenly obsolete or faulty.

Is this just a rant or is there a question in there somewhere?

Assets aren't unusable just because they become obsolete. They don't just suddenly turn from OK to faulty. If some new assets have obsoleted older assets and those new assets are faulty then delete them.

If you mean that you are receiving errors when you try to upload a route that includes obsolete assets then you need to update the route. Or use a different system for distribution that doesn't check the quality of the routes.

Whatever, you won't get useful responses if you don't quote the assets involved and the error messages you get.

Is this just a rant or is there a question in there somewhere?

Assets aren't unusable just because they become obsolete. They don't just suddenly turn from OK to faulty. If some new assets have obsoleted older assets and those new assets are faulty then delete them.

If you mean that you are receiving errors when you try to upload a route that includes obsolete assets then you need to update the route. Or use a different system for distribution that doesn't check the quality of the routes.

Whatever, you won't get useful responses if you don't quote the assets involved and the error messages you get.

i don't think he wants help fixing them , i think hes complaining about why this happens, and he has a point.
This is the bane of using this game , you never know when those empty patches are going to appear , that's why I've made most of my own textures, although I expect its only a matter of time before those also become redundant. i am more annoyed by freeware items becoming payware , I went out of my way to avoid using any payware items and now i find that about 30 assets are now classified as payware , correct me if I am wrong, but i expect I will have to find subs if I am to offer my route on DLS as any explanations i come across about this subject end up with me being more confused than i was before I started. :)

It is a Complaint. The primary problem is that the database software no longer allows you to select the artificially defective items. If N3V allowed that then you could easily use the Bulk Replace to quickly, and cleanly, restore the assets with suitable replacements. If only they allowed selection of the alleged defective assets then I would welcome the updating, provided of course, if a suitable replacement was available.

It is a Complaint. The primary problem is that the database software no longer allows you to select the artificially defective items. If N3V allowed that then you could easily use the Bulk Replace to quickly, and cleanly, restore the assets with suitable replacements. If only they allowed selection of the alleged defective assets then I would welcome the updating, provided of course, if a suitable replacement was available.
What is it that stops you from selecting the faulty items to do the bulk replace?
If you are referring to textures then you need to find out why they suddenly went faulty.

Checked out of date in manage content? as a lot of ground textures including builtins have recently been fixed by presumably N3V given the creators are not active.

just checked all the FFR textures I have and the only two with a problem are

<kuid:453099:100639> FFR Ballast Textures
<kuid:453099:100641> FFR Wood Textures

Both due to incorrect config and naming of texture.txt files, not an N3V issue. They have normal mapping however that's not even referenced in the config!

Last edited:
In my case my Content Mgr shows:

FFR.jpg

kuid:453099:100952 and 100951

If I select Download Station as a filter in Content Manager neither asset is shown. However, as illustrated, both appear when Installed is the filter. Does this mean they were purged? If so, then you would not be able to see them. They have simply disappeared. The only record of them is with the victims of the purge. Sort of like government work.

Those are the 2 most used textures in all of the routes I mess with. Thus my issue remains wherein I am unable to use a mass replacement tool to quickly remedy the problem. By purging from existence the two assets there "seems" to be no method to engage a mass replacement with an alternate selection.

This leaves me with hundreds missing asset violations where I used to have a quite acceptable texture. I now have to spend hours going through each route locating each instance all because of N3V staff completely purging the asset they deemed a danger to the health of their product.

Last edited:
The irony is that some of the FFR textures are actually clones of previous textures by other authors (including one or two of McGuirrel's Ultra ground textures), which I think crept in during TS12 or possibly TANE as part of a built in route. So effectively N3V's own work by proxy.

Last edited:

FFR.jpg

If I select Download Station as a filter in Content Manager neither asset is shown. However, as illustrated, both appear when Installed is the filter. Does this mean they were purged? If so, then you would not be able to see them. They have simply disappeared. The only record of them is with the victims of the purge. Sort of like government work.

Those are the 2 most used textures in all of the routes I mess with.

I just checked my install and both show up fine. The author is gawpo50 and is an active user so I would PM him.

Outside of that, have you tried and EDR? Press CTRL while starting the database repair.

Dick,

all my FFR asets, including those 2 have a clean bill of health buddy.

No gaffrig 2 installed only 1

Tree JeffreyPine 01 built in, no problems.

Mike.

No joy Reverting to Original or doing a deluxe (CTRL) rebuild followed by restarting Windows10...

In summary, my problem is actually just mine. That is, it is confined to my installation. There is some item in MY System that prevents just these two FFR assets from even appearing in the content manager on my PC. I recently moved a copy of the database to a new drive. All was eventually sorted and both databases supported my routes. Suddenly, yesterday the two FFR items disappeared in a manner that is peculiar to my system after a few days of using the new database in a manner that would have exposed ANY loss of the items. Since my load of the Content Manager cannot find the two FFR assets I need to figure a way to get them into my computer and recognized by the Content Manager. Time to dig into the error logs.

No joy Reverting to Original or doing a deluxe (CTRL) rebuild followed by restarting Windows10...

In summary, my problem is actually just mine. That is, it is confined to my installation. There is some item in MY System that prevents just these two FFR assets from even appearing in the content manager on my PC. I recently moved a copy of the database to a new drive. All was eventually sorted and both databases supported my routes. Suddenly, yesterday the two FFR items disappeared in a manner that is peculiar to my system after a few days of using the new database in a manner that would have exposed ANY loss of the items. Since my load of the Content Manager cannot find the two FFR assets I need to figure a way to get them into my computer and recognized by the Content Manager. Time to dig into the error logs.

It sounds to me that the package that these assets belong to is corrupted. You need to remove the package and redownload it again, but first need to identify which package these assets belong to.

Using Windows Explorer (File Explorer these days), search the packages folder for one of the kuids. Since the kuid is a file, it will have neither the delimiters (< >) nor have the colons ( : ) in between the parts and will have spaces.

Using this asset as an example, <kuid:453099:100639>, search for kuid 453099 100639

Take note of the SC folder it resides in.

Using SC485 as an example, delete all the SC485-folders meaning a, b, c, etc.

Start up TRS19. At the Launcher run a database repair.

Once the DBR finishes, click on File and choose Download Purchased Items.

Start Trainz and your DLC will redownload including these corrupted assets.

Once complete, I highly recommend defragging your hard drive if the data is located on a hard disk and not an SSD.

Last edited:
Probably part of one of those Appalachian coal routes, if the author is gawpo50 as these were built into TANE.

FFR.jpg

Those are the 2 most used textures in all of the routes I mess with. Thus my issue remains wherein I am unable to use a mass replacement tool to quickly remedy the problem. By purging from existence the two assets there "seems" to be no method to engage a mass replacement with an alternate selection.

This leaves me with hundreds missing asset violations where I used to have a quite acceptable texture. I now have to spend hours going through each route locating each instance all because of N3V staff completely purging the asset they deemed a danger to the health of their product.

Just checked both items in my installation (TRS2019) and both show as active, Installed Payware, no faults. Both textures are part of the Hinton route and are build 3.4 and marked Payware although they should be Freeware IMO.

IGNORE:)

Is there a way you can send to me the items in question. I do not know if I add them to my DLC they will stick but it sure would save me a lot of work.

An email with attachment to: n3hkn@comcast.net

Last edited:
Does this mean they were purged? If so, then you would not be able to see them. They have simply disappeared. The only record of them is with the victims of the purge. Sort of like government work.
There is no such thing as purged. They are payware that has been modified and made faulty. If they are reported as Modified, Faulty Payware then they haven't disappeared. If you stop seeing conspiracies and instead start looking at the actual details you should be able to sort this. Note that once a particular KUID is seen as payware it is payware forever, so this might mean the previous version was payware and this newer version is faulty. Try deleting or reverting to original.

GWAPO pointed me in the right direction - The Hinton route. When I started TS19 after moving the database, I was asked to install all of the payware again. I was more focused on the results of my move so I skipped over that. Well, Hinton was one of the routes that was to be reloaded. Since it was not there the assets in question were not loadable - strange.... I have now downloaded/installed the payware Hinton route and the two gwapo50 assets that were gone, magically reappeared. An asphalt texture continued to be missing from the display of the route but manually painting them was far less onerous than the FFR stuff.

I apologize to N3V for blaming them. However, their record of asset markings as obsolete is still not a way to keep customers happy.

Nice one Dick, glad you sorted it.

But you really must stop seeing conspiracies everywhere.

You are upsetting, some of the more delicate members of the forum. :hehe: :hehe:

Mike.

Last edited:
Sometimes Action-A also leads to blame for Action-B. I hope The Tane serves as a beacon of responsibility for N3V.

220px-Carving-of-Tane-nui-a-Rangi-at-Auckland-Zoo.jpg

Back