Trainz Plus Beta 101274 to 101618 (PC) now available

Not sure when this changed if it did but I notice that when you change settings that require a restart there is no longer the compiling shaders on launching, just goes straight to the main opening screen.

I noticed when I go to "My Collection" and click on a loco thumbnail, it appears missing some detail and then in around a second, the detail flashes in. I don't remember this delay before.
[edit] I wrote this post because I was curious if this is the same as the "blurring" mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:
RW912 - Can you please try the following tests:

Start by setting your draw distance to 3000m for all tests, then:
1. Select Kickstarter County 2 in build 100464 (Trainz Plus "live" version which hopefully you still have installed), click Edit Route and wait for it to finish loading then Exit Surveyor.
2. With the same route selected, click Edit Route again and this time, record the time until the loading screen drops. (It take 5 secs here)
3. Repeat in build 101618 (Also 5 secs here)
4. Repeat in both build with CRM Golden (30 sec in both)
5. Repeat for your route.

If the issue is limited to your route, then we need to identify what is causing the slowdown. The best way to do this is to open Content Manager and select your route, then r-click List Dependencies.
Sort the deps by status and select all Modified items, then click Content > Disable.
Exit Trainz, restart and repeat your test again. Was there any difference?

From there it is a case of re-enabling groups of content to find out the culprit item(s).

You could also monitor the game logs to see if that gives any clues (Developer > Show Logs). There is a lot of technical information in the logs but if it stick on something for a long time that could indicate a problem.

Your testing instructions showed the culprit is my route, Tony. My testing results were close to yours. So now I am going to puzzle and try to find the asset(s) that is or are causing the slow loading, thank you for the help.

Ron

John - we're working on the blurred texture issue
RW912 - thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Back