Trainz Plus Beta 101274 to 101618 (PC) now available

Hmm. That's really weird. I too have had some junctions do it and not so that's why I thought it was related to them being triggered.

On the route where they work, does this issue get triggered once you edit the session on the fly?

I'm thinking there might be something else that's causing the problem, although there's not much we can do about it. :)

None of what I've tested have been edited, WIP I'm only working on in 100464 and importing into the Beta, Healesville which is affected here is built in so not messed with.

I've even deleted all non builtin Pro Track / dependencies and reinstalled, no difference.

Also noticed here that it's taking a long time for assets to fully load properly without being blurred, may be as I had to put the Beta on a spinner, although TRS19 100464 is working well on the same type of Drive in my number 2 PC. With all the extra stuff that comes with Plus, it won't fit on a 240GB SSD which is all I had spare. Going to kill off one of my TANE installs or rather back it up first, that's on a 500GB Samsung move the Beta to that see if that makes any difference.

It takes a long time to load here as well and someone else noted this as well. It's better than the past versions though.

It isn't just pro-track that's doing that junction arrow thing. I have it with the JR US 132# track (whatever it's called) as well.

To add signals are also affected in that the names do not disappear.

Done a clean install and updates to 101618 on an SSD, problem still exists as does the abysmally slow rendering of assets which remain blurred for ages, irrespective of settings.
With a GTX1080TI this should not be happening.

To add signals are also affected in that the names do not disappear.

Done a clean install and updates to 101618 on an SSD, problem still exists as does the abysmally slow rendering of assets which remain blurred for ages, irrespective of settings.
With a GTX1080TI this should not be happening.

Same video card; same issues, but I don't think it's related to the video card. I noticed that if something is in view if the camera is focused on something else then swung back, the previously rendered assets are slow to render again.

My thought is to delete the DX-cache file and see if that helps, but probably won't.

Same video card; same issues, but I don't think it's related to the video card. I noticed that if something is in view if the camera is focused on something else then swung back, the previously rendered assets are slow to render again.

My thought is to delete the DX-cache file and see if that helps, but probably won't.

It didn't, just took forever for anything to get in focus.

Makes it painful to actually test the driver / surveyor function when everything is blurry.

It didn't, just took forever for anything to get in focus.

Makes it painful to actually test the driver / surveyor function when everything is blurry.

I agree. Move around and things stay blurry for awhile, wait, wait, and wait to test. Move and wait all over again. I deleted the DX-shader cache file and I'll see if that works.

Cache clearing didn't work. It made the loading screen take a bit longer and the initial loco on the tracks view very slow loading. In any route, the loading up of content, and moving about is the same.

But on the junction issue I've noticed something... This problem seems to be related to locations where there's lots of junctions in close proximity such as places where there are crossovers and busy yard throats. In other locations where there's a single track branching off to a siding, things are okay.

I'm going to write up the junction issue using this premise. This might help narrow down the fix a bit quicker.

Except in my case its only affecting Std Gauge, not the NG where there are a lot of points / switches very close proximity. However signals on both are affected, all very odd.

The out of focus issue is odd as well as I can have two assets, say houses, next to each other and one is blurred and the other is fine, makes no sense whatsoever as they are identical meshes apart from the textures which are effectively my standard textures just different for different houses.

John, Malc, Wish I could help.....but, I can load UMR 2019 using 101618 and my with my 1660Ti video card, I have no blurriness of any kind.(even spinning circles in surveyor) All this from a 10T spinner!!

Dave

I get the blur a lot also. Even on the little scene when you start up. The engine stays blurry for at least a minute while everything else is loading in. Didn't do that before. Changng camera views also make for blurries, in cab and out.

So that's weirder still. I won't write it up then. There're to many variables and inconsistencies here to come up with anything that makes sense.

Thanks Dave for the extra info. I wonder if it's a driver issue perhaps?

Malc, I have the same thing with wagons and wagons. Some are great but right next to one, an obvious reskin is blurred. The same with buildings.

Wiped the Graphics drivers and re-installed, 3 different ones, no difference and as it's not affecting 100464 or any of my TANE installs, that was a bit of a long shot anyway so wasn't expecting any improvement. Did it though so I can counter N3V possibly blaming the drivers.

I'm tempted to compare shaders between 100464 and 101618 to see what's been changed.

Edit:
Two new ones in MaterialDefn in 101618
PBRCameraFacing.fsh and PBRCameraFacing.vsh and one changed according to the file date in VertexSetup StdProject.vsh

Last edited:
Wiped the Graphics drivers and re-installed, 3 different ones, no difference and as it's not affecting 100464 or any of my TANE installs, that was a bit of a long shot anyway so wasn't expecting any improvement. Did it though so I can counter N3V possibly blaming the drivers.

I'm tempted to compare shaders between 100464 and 101618 to see what's been changed.

That sounds like a good plan. I'm on a totally different driver than the production one since I'm using the Windows 10 Insider edition Build 18922 release. NVidia drivers are 437.26 or something like that, and I see the same issue so yeah it's on N3V and not on us in this case.

I have exactly the same settings in both versions and there is a difference between the two TRS19 versions as we've seen.

That sounds like a good plan. I'm on a totally different driver than the production one since I'm using the Windows 10 Insider edition Build 18922 release. NVidia drivers are 437.26 or something like that, and I see the same issue so yeah it's on N3V and not on us in this case.

I have exactly the same settings in both versions and there is a difference between the two TRS19 versions as we've seen.

PBRCameraFacing.fsh and PBRCameraFacing.vsh and one changed according to the file date in VertexSetup StdProject.vsh

Camera facing? hmmm.

Camera facing? hmmm.

Okay. I got gutsy and pulled the two files to my desktop and tried.

The initial detailed screen took a bit long to load, but in game its self in Surveyor, wagons, passenger cars, and buildings render just as quickly as they do in the "production" version.

Something is amiss with these new files. The .fsh file is readable plain text, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

There is something else still going on here because in a much more populated route, there's still a great lag before stuff loads up completely. I think what you discovered is only a tiny piece of this puzzle.

Last edited:
The initial detailed screen took a bit long to load, but in game its self in Surveyor, wagons, passenger cars, and buildings render just as quickly as they do in the "production" version.

I have a different experience with this build (101618), my routes take a very long time to load, -very-long, compared to the previous beta build. And this isn't only with the first time it loaded, with each consecutive start it is the same slow experience.
So I did a complete new install to see if that would change anything but alas, same thing.

Ron

RW912 - Can you please try the following tests:

Start by setting your draw distance to 3000m for all tests, then:
1. Select Kickstarter County 2 in build 100464 (Trainz Plus "live" version which hopefully you still have installed), click Edit Route and wait for it to finish loading then Exit Surveyor.
2. With the same route selected, click Edit Route again and this time, record the time until the loading screen drops. (It take 5 secs here)
3. Repeat in build 101618 (Also 5 secs here)
4. Repeat in both build with CRM Golden (30 sec in both)
5. Repeat for your route.

If the issue is limited to your route, then we need to identify what is causing the slowdown. The best way to do this is to open Content Manager and select your route, then r-click List Dependencies.
Sort the deps by status and select all Modified items, then click Content > Disable.
Exit Trainz, restart and repeat your test again. Was there any difference?

From there it is a case of re-enabling groups of content to find out the culprit item(s).

You could also monitor the game logs to see if that gives any clues (Developer > Show Logs). There is a lot of technical information in the logs but if it stick on something for a long time that could indicate a problem.

Tony,

This is the same on the built-in routes as well as my own. Locomotives sit there with smudge and smear for about a second or two, which in computer terms is an eon before the textures are fully detailed. Switching views and coming back to the same content means redrawing them all over again, but sometimes not all with some being okay the second time while others are still mushy. The second time doesn't always take as long however, making this difficult to pinpoint down the exact cause.

The issue always appears with scenery assets such as buildings and vehicles. Any texturing takes "forever", meaning a second or two to load up, and rotating the camera around and coming back means these assets will do the same.

The locomotives in question are built-in, DLC, and other third-party installs from Jointed Rail. The buildings are a mix of old, new, built-in, third-party, and DLC as is how routes are populated.

As a side note, it doesn't matter the size of the route whether it's a small single baseboard or two baseboards in size to something that's much larger.

I don't know if this is related, but track does the same on initial load with track being missing for a second or two before appearing, but is fine after the initial load. It doesn't matter again whether this is Pro-track, including built-in/DLC, or DLS supplied, or in fact regular spline track such as Jointed Rail's NS-series or JR US 132# variety.

Back