Dilemma

OldGI

First off, TANE is not my first copy of Trainz. Just haven't been into gaming for about 8 years due to personal stuff.Recently, I found all my older copies of Trainz, MSTS, FS2004, Falcon Allied Force and many others. Along with gigs of freeware and payware for all. Through horse trading, I have in front of me a Windows box. It has:I3 6100 cpu1 TB WD hard drive16 GB slower DDDR 3? RAMR9 380 sapphire nitro video cardWindows 10I'm into this thing for $250 US and a set of used tires. Long story.The only thing making me nervous is the operating system. I would like to replace it for peace of mind. I do have one copy of Windows XP 32 and two copies of Windows XP64. All legit.My thoughts are to trade out the R9 with a GTX 750 to support Windows XP. I'm only running older titles of games I mentioned. Being one of those MAC heads, most of what I need to do the MAC does. I really don't want to throw any more money into this Windows box. Any thoughts or ideas? New ways of thinking?

Believe it or not, I'm somewhat literate. I typed that with actual paragraphs and everything. I'll fix the post shortly. No idea how that got there.

I have a GTX 750 Ti card in my second machine which still runs T:ANE/TRS2019 quite well be it with a little juddering so I would imagine the non Ti, GTX 750 would still produce quite acceptable results running older versions of Trainz. I think before spending any money however I would put together the best machine I could with what you already have and see how you get on. Here in the UK there is quite a good recycling community both offering and requesting anything from cardboard boxes because they are, or have, moved home to somewhat larger items such as cars and caravans. Should there be something similar near where you live, keep asking, please and thank you costs nothing. Peter

I'm glad you folks made sense of that post. I couldn't and I wrote it. For the cost of a new operating system I can get a gtx 750. I'll hold onto the R9 card for now should needs change. But, I'm getting old and don't see me going further in the gaming scene. The only obstacle was driver support for XP. I have learned since that there are drivers available for the 750. Thanks for your deciphering skills.

Your only to old for Trainz 'OldGI' when they have closed the doors on that box car and you are in it. Good luck, Peter

Back