How to find a Trainzer’s ID (without using CM)?

I feel a bit stupid asking this, but if I don’t have access to Content Manager, how can I look up the unique ID number of a Trainz user knowing only their forum nickname?

The simple, although probably unsatisfactory answer, would be to PM the user and ask.

Alternatively, you could search the DLS Web pages for any uploads by that user. I just tried that with your nickname and found your Trainz unique kuid identifier. Obviously though, no uploads = no result.

Alternatively, you could search the DLS Web pages for any uploads by that user. I just tried that with your nickname and found your Trainz unique kuid identifier. Obviously though, no uploads = no result.

Oh, of course. The “Username” search option. I kept thinking that was the name of the asset (as per the username tag in config.txt files) rather than the nickname of the creator. Stupid me, and stupid N3V nomenclature.

Last edited:
I just tried that. All it reveals is the username (already known) and their supplied location (e.g. New South Wales).

I was going to say “what a useless search facility that is”, but if you do the search and then on the page that comes up, click on the username, it opens a profile page which reveals the user’s ID number at the bottom. So SailorDan, correct again.

Last edited:
I was going to say “what a useless search facility that is”, but if you do the search and then on the page that comes up, click on the username. It’s actually a link to a profile page which reveals the user’s ID number at the bottom. So SailorDan, correct again.

Yes, I missed that option completely. I was about to add, why not simply put the profile page onto the screen without having to click the username, but then I noticed that entering a partial username revealed a longer list of possible username matches - so there is some method in their madness.

Back