Speed Trees - Missing Dependenancy

boleyd

I get a Missing Dependency on all of the items in the Speed Tree Group. Also, get it on the SpeedTreeGroup09 which appears to contain the common elements for the trees and may be the reason for the Group level error.. Since these are built-in items there is very little you can do with them. Open Edit and Revery to Original had no affect. So, is there a way to reload the Built-In Speed Tree library and any other items that are needed with this asset group?

I have run several repairs - vanilla and deluxe. No change. I fear that a reinstall is the only way to recover "built-in" stuff. A good time to think about a total rebuild after 7 years adding and updating. Or, just avoid N3V provided routes and their speed trees.:confused:

I've done a few fresh installs. I kept my data and freshly installed the program then reconnected the database. This does a world of wonders as well.

What exactly is the missing dependency - as in Kuid and stuff? It might be a case of a broken asset calling up an updated asset that's faulty due to a broken mesh-table. Deleting the update will fix that as I've done in the past for a few assets off and on.

I'm not sure how you ended up with it missing, but most likely you've removed a package that included that asset (such as one of the TANE routes?).

I would suggest avoiding SpeedTreeGroup09 - it is a poorly performing asset and there are much better options available.

I've done a few fresh installs. I kept my data and freshly installed the program then reconnected the database. This does a world of wonders as well.

What exactly is the missing dependency - as in Kuid and stuff? It might be a case of a broken asset calling up an updated asset that's faulty due to a broken mesh-table. Deleting the update will fix that as I've done in the past for a few assets off and on.

======================
The Speed Tree group is missing dependencies which "appears" to be the Speed Tree Library. The Library shows no problems but it is the only common item that would kill all the groups.

I can do a new z390 board, RAM (16gb vs today's 8gb). i5-9600 Turbo to 4.6ghz. I run an i5-2500 at 4.2ghz now so a small boost and 2 more cores.
Less than $500 . Should be no problem since it is similar to the Univac-I Tubes or transistors just fancy switches - computer is a computer, only smaller.....

Will reinstall before going for the all the new PC stuff.

I will remember the Speed 09 group thing.. Thanks.....

Try checking for "out of date" files. I think the library was updated recently. For built-in select show asset version then group them by status and bulk download.
cheers
Graeme

FIXED !

Try checking for "out of date" files. I think the library was updated recently. For built-in select show asset version then group them by status and bulk download.
cheers
Graeme

This msg caused me to decide to do my own version of s "reset" of the DLS. I Scanned the entire database. Found some Open For Edits and Disabled items. Restored them to Original. The assets for Speed Trees now appeared and functioned with the usual suspects devoid of nature's logic. So I now have a nice new TRS19 download for sale.:udrool: At some point I had disabled "stuff" that was of no value to me and made for long menus. Mooven on.....

Last edited:
Back