Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new guy here

Default apc2ap

Quote Originally Posted by teddytoot View Post
    Welcome to Trainz Rich. No 11 was the first route in MSTS that I really felt had realism. I also love the original freeware extended East Metro. I have made versions of No 11 for my own use (not good enough to upload I fear) and have started an effort to re-create East Metro but my abilities fail me. I would love to see it re-created in Trainz as it was a lovely transfer shortline.
    Thanks Teddy. Well you go way back then to the early days of MSTS to remember that much about the Number 11. The East Metro was at its core Number 11 which then branched out both north and south to Big City and all the way up to Titan. I can't remember the name of the city that was in between. I wound up recreating the whole route a few years later from scratch, the East Metro Rebuild, and to me that was my best route of all my routes though many would argue Ohio Rails was. Either way the East Metro Rebuild was made -- then -- to compete with Rail Simulator (aka Railworks) and to do it I had to push the envelope with MSTS.

Quote Originally Posted by cabnz1 View Post
    Welcome to Trainz Rich
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Yes Rich, I actually go further back than that. My first simulator was the Polish cab view one, whose name I've forgotten, with crude VGA graphics. I then moved on to the Japanese BVA cab view simulator with better graphics and then purchased MSTS when it came out but found the route editor just so difficult. It could have been so much better with a little more effort by the authors. I then moved on to Trainz and have been with it ever since although I also have Open Rail installed so I can still have a run along the East Metro for old times sake.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)