"Stuck" Train

boleyd

Pennsylvania Berwind route from JR. Routing train from the Allegheny Steel yard to Babcock Mines. Train begins to leave the yard but stops as it enters the track on the edge of the yard. 1.5 hours later it remains at that switch. The arrows cycle periodically and the route diagram flickers but no movement. NO OTHER train is on the route. This stuff constantly happens where a train will simply go to a signal or switch and set there. Sometimes 30 to 45 seconds later it will continue. In this case it ain't moven. Could be a switch or signal somewhere but no indication.
There is a reason but it is well hidden, and not obvious.
=========================================
Well, the reason was some odd signal placed on the track just before the switch. It had a yellow arrow attached to a yellow bar. When I tried to remove it it was impervious to all the TR19 controls - would not budge. So I cut out the track where it was and fixed that. Then ran the session and it worked. This jogged my memory back to TANE where I saw one of these things for the first time. I remember it had something to do with delaying a signal or switch action. I think it was a Jointed Rail contrivance. Well, this route is a "TANE only" route from JR. HMMMMMM. There must be a way to manipulate/delete it since there are lots of these. Other than that, replacing old trees, track, textures etc. and the route works. From the messages on you-tube it should be appearing officially soon. The copy that JR has is somewhat old but not bad.

Since it is modeled on a region I am familiar with ( industry names, rivers, etc) I find the effort to "mess" with it very worthwhile. The creator has loads more talent than I have but I am impatient.

I would really like messages to tell the customer the reason for a Stuck train. Yes, that was the only message so the program was aware of the stoppage and should have known the reason.

Last edited:
Back