Will Trainz Eventually Do Actual Verbal Communications Between Group Players?

I noticed the other day how Run 8 does this - where you can verbally talk to the dispatcher besides just typing back and forth - if you are doing trips with a group of players. I believe it's called "Team Speak". Any idea if Trainz will eventually do this? Something to think about for Trainz 2020 I guess..

Last edited:
I noticed the other day how Run 8 does this - where you can verbally talk to the dispatcher besides just typing back and forth - if you are doing trips with a group of players. I believe it's called "Team Speak". Any idea if Trainz will eventually do this? Something to think about for Trainz 2020 I guess..

Team Speak is a third-party application that the group is running at the same time. I don't know if it's free, or it requires a subscription to use it.

I used it once or twice for computer support at a company I worked for a long time ago and when I took an online class and the "team" I worked with wanted to communicate about the project.

Team Speak is a third-party application that the group is running at the same time. I don't know if it's free, or it requires a subscription to use it.

I used it once or twice for computer support at a company I worked for a long time ago and when I took an online class and the "team" I worked with wanted to communicate about the project.

Yeah I was just wondering because I saw on a YouTube video where the engineer of the train in the Run 8 Train Simulator was talking to a dispatcher who oversaw train operations among other train sim drivers. It wasn't a text conversation you would see in a window. These guys were actually having verbal communication like some kind of radio communication or something. Thought it was pretty cool actually.

Last edited:
Yeah I was just wondering because I saw on a YouTube video where the engineer of the train in the Run 8 Train Simulator was talking to a dispatcher who oversaw train operations among other train sim drivers. It wasn't a text conversation you would see in a window. These guys were actually having verbal communication like some kind of radio communication or something. Thought it was pretty cool actually.

It is cool. It's basically VOIP aka Voice over IP, but using a third-party program and no special equipment. When I used it, we chatted away with each other without typing while the team leader, not me that time around, did the note taking so we would get credit for our work.

It is cool. It's basically VOIP aka Voice over IP, but using a third-party program and no special equipment. When I used it, we chatted away with each other without typing while the team leader, not me that time around, did the note taking so we would get credit for our work.

The way I hear the train sim driver and the dispatcher/yardmaster talk, one would think that I was listening to an actual conversation by actual railroaders. The way they talk almost made me wonder if those gamers get paid to take their trains out, or if they're just die hard volunteers - which is fine - a passion right? Much like what many content creators do here - they make assets with a passion - free of charge.

Last edited:
We used Teamspeak while collectively flying in MS's FLight SIm X. It is a wonderful program. It was free then, but don't know if it is now. One of the features you could add was a squelch tail at the end of transmissions. However, hearing the 'kush-kush' sound became old after a very short time and we dropped it.

Bill

Back