Green Track Markers

KenGreen

What are these and what is their purpose.

Green-Track-Marker.jpg

Thanks Ken

My first impression is some sort of track sensor or detector. You would need to supply a kuid to get a definitive answer. The size of the green "wings" would be the detector radius which *should* be adjustable by selecting the object and opening its properties.

They are triggers of one sort or anther, when passed something else is triggered to start. It might be for a train to start a schedule or for an animated asset to start its animation. The green wing are not adjustable from the asset properties, you need to select the TM placement tab and click advance. The default is 20m but you can change to less or more distance by using the righthand tool and click on the asset.

These are on the built in ECML route and if you select the track mark section these show their distance. However they are not named so I wondered their use.

Ken

I tried that but this is on the built ECML and will not allow me to unlock the route layers to grab it.

Ken

Definitely looks to be either associated with or a built in function of the AWS magnet.

The green mark is just the trigger radius for the AWS magnet. Other triggers such as those used by ATLS also have a trigger radius. They're set at a 20m default but I usually reduce this to 2m which is done with the advanced options on the track mark tab. Once you change the radius, you'll see the green arrows shrink considerably.

Cheers,
Innis

Back