New Owner of 2019 Some Strange Observations

barryg

Hi guys. I took advantage of the price drop and purchased 2019. I successfully imported an old Austral Bay route v7a which i have been plodding around since way back (a long way back). It's gone through it's inception of each trainz release -apart from Tane which it refuses to show but works in 2019. Apart from a few updated assets, it by and large works quite well. Mustard coloured water by default, the really annoying track depth of field anomaly some meters in front of the cab view, washed out graphics. Despite a gamma control in the dev settings, a changed value is not retained (In versions prior to Tane, I personally use either 1 or 2 stops below the default 2.2 Gamma setting to give a more bold look, and less washed out).

The Cab speed display shows 40mph but the Hud shows 4 /40mph? All lift bridges do not complete their travel before the train gets there - trains are riding on fresh air before completion. Oh yes the Hud.... It's awesome I can get up to an extra 40 f.p.s when the Hud is switched off, but i'm guessing this is not supposed to happen. The bridges I can live with as I can place speed restrictions prior to arriving, but wonder if there is an underlying problem with coding that effects the bridges and 'could possibly' be looked at in a future patch.

I would ask please to return a simple Gamma control to the game. Personally I can't see the point of having a 'Dev' one in the game that is not savable, and a Gamma control can have a positive impact on the display.

Regards

barryg - Welcome to the brave new world of TRS19!
You need to discover the improved environmental controls so that you can adjust the colours of water, sunlight, shadows and all other atmospherics...
There's also a new brightness slider for each RGB control palette.
These should be adjusted in Session Edit mode.
Look for this dialog box.
env.png

Click the green dots on (or add additional ones to) the clock face to influence the lighting and shadows that prevail at any time day or night.
Gamma is more properly a function of your display device/ monitor.
The sliders and controls on the Environmental Editing settings will give you most of what you need, and to finesse that, then resort to the Post Processing settings under the Dev Menu (for temporary relief!).

Hi Barry --

Austral Bay? Wow!~! I must have done that way back in, what 2004? Then I extended the route, made a few changes and it went though several iterations as Port Ogden & Northern. I'm actually surprised that Austral Bay still works in TRS19 at all.

You could tune up the graphics using "Edit Environment" in Surveyor. As a start, try clicking on the "Rest diurnal color data", top right. And for brightness, for each green spot on the clock dial use the slider on the right. You might need to modify the fog settings too. Finally, select "Water color preview" and fiddle with the three color dials.

I've kicked on a bit since 2004 and my main focus of late has been model layouts. I've done an extensive write up in the Forums for each layout as I've uploaded them to the Download Station. If you are interested you can see my threads by using the Advanced Search function, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

Phil

Hi all. Thanks for your kind replies. Level crossings have the same problem? How could that have been missed. I played about with the enviroment settings but still cannot get an agreeable overall display. I mentioned about the Gamma because i prefer a harder looking display throughout all the different times of the day, a.t.m they all still look somewhat soft. In Trainz versions upto Tane i typically use 2 clicks down from the default Gamma 0.0 - I still have 2004,2010,trainz12, and Tane installed. I could adjust my monitor settings from default Gamma 2.2, but then everything I do looks too dark. No happy medium adjusting them i'm afraid.

Phil... Hehe, yup Austral Bay is still going strong. I added Mad River to it and i guess have just got used to where things are :wave: P&O in it's different versions have stations, industry moved around, and being old, I like static things. I replaced the AI track direction markers to triggers so that the AI goes wherever it wants to get to a destination. I'm thinking of replacing the old ground textures with 2019 ones, but that's for another day, I've got a consist full of coal from Dean Collery to finish delivering :cool:

An Intel I5-4690K and an Nvidia RTX 2060 I get a typical 50% CPU and 50% GPU everything maxed out using Austral Bay. Switch to a 2019 route and I get 100% CPU and 100% GPU and that's on high settings -somethings amiss i think.

Regards

I only got TRS2019 over the weekend and have found with the HUD on, driving the trains stutters however with it off it's smooth as. Seen other posts on the forum where they have reported it too.

I only got TRS2019 over the weekend and have found with the HUD on, driving the trains stutters however with it off it's smooth as. Seen other posts on the forum where they have reported it too.

Try reducing the size of the hud. To do that, click on the gear-thing and look for a slider (I think it's there.) Also change your drivers to 2d from 3d seems to help as well.

This HUD issue (which strangely only affects some installs) is fixed and will be provided by way of a service pack "soon" (coming weeks).

Brightness (and water colour) can be adjusted using the Environment settings.

Hi I played about with the enviroment settings but still cannot get an agreeable overall display. I mentioned about the Gamma because i prefer a harder looking display throughout all the different times of the day, a.t.m they all still look somewhat soft.
Regards

Make sure the FOG setting in environment is not too high. FOG really "washes out" the graphics in my opinion....

Back