Queensland Rail Brisbane

silvergull

G'day,

Need help, what is the platform numbering layout on Brisbane suburban stations, for example Milton. For the love of me I cannot find any reference to the actual Numbering.

Michael
silvergull

G'day,

Need help, what is the platform numbering layout on Brisbane suburban stations, for example Milton. For the love of me I cannot find any reference to the actual Numbering.

Michael
silvergull

Michael, I understand the platform numbering runs from 1 (Southside) to 4 (Northside) on Milton Station.

If you carefully watch this YouTube video ,... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SyeBt-XHMo and then pause through the station stopping, the platform numbers show up.

This one starts from platform 6 at Roma Street and pulls into platform 2 at Milton.

Cheers,
Roy

Hi Michael,
A general rule of thumb with QR is that a train running from north to south will stop at platform 1 and south to north on platform 2.
There are a few stations around that are not numbered in such a way such as Glasshouse Mountains, Manly i think is another.

Thanks,
Jake

G'day Jake,

Thanks for that now I can get on with my Brisbane Metropolitan Area Flat Earth Route.

Traveling on The Spirit of Queensland 03 September 2019 Brisbane to Cairns.

Michael

Silvergull
There is a few anomalies to the system, a number of stations don't follow the usual practice, there are a couple in the Metro Area that are reversed. So its a case of you may have to check station by station line by line. On one line there is only 1 platform per station even though some have multiple platforms, some of which are no longer in service

Ascot has multiple platforms but only one is still in use the other has been disconnected, Clayfield has two platforms only one in use the second one has never had tracks laid for it part of a duplication scheme that never got to far.

ghosty

G'day Ghostryder,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the info will help to get the details as accurate as possible.

Silvergull

Silvergull
There is a few anomalies to the system, a number of stations don't follow the usual practice, there are a couple in the Metro Area that are reversed. So its a case of you may have to check station by station line by line. On one line there is only 1 platform per station even though some have multiple platforms, some of which are no longer in service

Ascot has multiple platforms but only one is still in use the other has been disconnected, Clayfield has two platforms only one in use the second one has never had tracks laid for it part of a duplication scheme that never got to far.

ghosty

Evening Guys,

I am just wondering if anyone has any Brisbane Layouts that they wish to share. I live in Sydney and at present I am tracing the track using Google Earth and connecting it onto the Brisbane South and layout. I have already connected the Gold Coast section and the Tram section to this and also the Cleveland section. I am just wanting to work on the North Side now.

Any help would be great.

Shane

Back