Unable to make a dark ride in nighttime because light crash to desktop

Making a new route, because all my own routes can't drive in darkness because of a ctd when lights go on from road lanterns.
With this new route i seem to have the same trouble, as soon as i place a street light (all of them CTD) and change time to a later darker hour, lights go on and poof CTD.
Am i the only one? version 100240

Would be fun driving in darknes.. but without ctd's
Have this a long time also in Tane, bug has moved to TRS 2019 also it seems..
Reported it several times, but no solution yet
Thought a new route would solve the problem. but no...

Can anyone test my issue with the contz pack? I have a feeling that this pack causes the issue...
without contz pack, the lanterns work and no ctd..

Last edited:
I reported this as a bug for someone else, I can't remember who it is, and I got a response back from N3V saying that they are now aware of the problem and will work on it. It has something to do with the content.

Thanks John, i have reported it several times. I think the content is the Contz pack. I reported it again with the kuid number. Hope they can solve it. my best routes use the contz pack. And they can't ride in the dark ;)
Thanks for the reply John! It's appreciated. My new route has only the contz pack, and crashes in the darkness..

I reported this as a bug for someone else, I can't remember who it is, and I got a response back from N3V saying that they are now aware of the problem and will work on it. It has something to do with the content.

Well John, at least you got a reply from N3V, I don't .. not a gold member? Just bought the game, like the contzpack i bought. I send in the files, would be nice to get a reply, just delete the contzpack from my routes and i can ride in the dark, with all the lights burning. If i must forget my favorite contzpack, just let me know, or fix the darn issue

Last edited:
Glad I stumbled onto this thread... I recently downloaded and installed the Contz Pack (Standard edition) DLC and added it to a large route I have been working on for many months now.
I am now seeing CTDs that weren't present earlier - though all of these occur during daytime session running.
Will test further.
I love the asset - will be a pity to have to abandon it - but CTDs are most unwelcome.

I am sorry to hear that PC_Ace, the contzpack is indeed a very nice asset, but it gives errors with the daytime changes in my case. would,nt be surprised if it is a issue for you in daytime..

This is reported for <kuid2:184151:381:3> Lighthouse Black-White and the response is "QA has verified this issue and documented it under TSR 356793784."

Probably for the white lighthouse as well being the same asset with a different texture.

QA rechecked for this against build 101618 using "Contz Pack (Standard edition) DLC", using <kuid2:276266:1197:1> CHN container yard basic. We also checked against the asset in the original report <kuid2:184151:381:3> Lighthouse Black-White[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]In both tests, we are no longer able to repro the CTD. Please retest in a future release.

Would be nice i f i had 101618, would gladly test it. Then all my routes should work in the dark ;) Unfortunately i don't see an update for my bought version of TRS19
Still stuck on version 100240

ZikChil
QA rechecked for this against build 101618 using "Contz Pack (Standard edition) DLC", using <kuid2:276266:1197:1> CHN container yard basic. We also checked against the asset in the original report <kuid2:184151:381:3> Lighthouse Black-White. In both tests, we are no longer able to repro the CTD. Please retest in a future release.
Let's hope that "future release" is not too far off for us poor plebs not in the privileged "Gold" Class and still on Build 100240. ;)
What I want to know is why that asset breaks the game and causes CTDs in the first place...
What code was changed to cause the issue - and then - to fix it?
Short of removing the asset from any route affected, is there some other way to mitigate its effects?

Last edited:
I am affraid we will be ignored about updates since we don't pay a montly fee PC_Ace, would be nice and fair if they won't forget us.
In my case i will have all my routes visable in a darker environment, when i got that annoying desktop crash from the contzpack out of my system.
Its so easy to tell me that i must test the errors in the next update when it doesn't come for the buyers of the game who are not gold members ;(

I am affraid we will be ignored about updates since we don't pay a montly fee PC_Ace, would be nice and fair if they won't forget us.
In my case i will have all my routes visable in a darker environment, when i got that annoying desktop crash from the contzpack out of my system.
Its so easy to tell me that i must test the errors in the next update when it doesn't come for the buyers of the game who are not gold members ;(

That's not true. The Gold members are essentially doing the work for the Trainz Dev group - remember that? What we test in the Gold Trainz Plus will are features that will hopefully make it into the regular version such as new camera options and the unified Driver-Surveyor operation. This has nothing to do with Service Packs and patches, which is where this falls.

I am sure you are doing a good job John, my issue is from long ago far back in Tane, now i finally find the cause they aknowledge the issue and ask me to test it? How can i? Would love love to see 5 tracks in a dark environment..
Still, it's easy to say to test our submissions issues in the next update that is available for the gold members. I can't test anything, since i am stuck with an old version 100240 in which the issue still exist and is confirmed by the team. Not everyone is waiting for a new camera system John, sorry. My issues seem to be solved, but i can't test it although they request me to do so.. And my monthly expenses don't allow me to become a gold member.. I am sure you have a higher version as 100240 John?

Last edited:
I am sure you are doing a good job John, my issue is from long ago far back in Tane, now i finally find the cause they aknowledge the issue and ask me to test it? How can i? Would love love to see 5 tracks in a dark environment..
Still, it's easy to say to test our submissions issues in the next update that is available for the gold members. I can't test anything, since i am stuck with an old version 100240 in which the issue still exist and is confirmed by the team. Not everyone is waiting for a new camera system John, sorry. My issues seem to be solved, but i can't test it although they request me to do so.. And my monthly expenses don't allow me to become a gold member.. I am sure you have a higher version as 100240 John?

I have both versions, but I have a DLC issue with the Gold version which I need to inquire about. For some reason the Contz pack shows up as installed but inactive when I was going to test it yesterday.

Back