Upgrade from Early Access

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but haven't been able to find the solution to the specific situation I'm in. With the official release for TRS2019 out, I thought I'd ask about it.

As of now, and since September 2018, I've had a Gold Membership and TRS2019 Early Access. What I'm looking to do is cancel the subscription and upgrade to the official release build, while keeping all the content I have and not having to uninstall the game. I tried "Check for Trainz updates..." in the settings menu and it said there was nothing. The FAQ says I should be able to automatically upgrade Early Access to the official release but I'm not having any luck with that.

I guess the main question would be: Is it possible to upgrade from Early Access and not have to uninstall what I already have if I cancel my Gold? (Apologies if it's still unclear.) If I have to, I'm willing to pay the one-time payment for the official release, but my biggest concern is keeping my content.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I've searched the forum but haven't been able to find the solution to the specific situation I'm in. With the official release for TRS2019 out, I thought I'd ask about it.

As of now, and since September 2018, I've had a Gold Membership and TRS2019 Early Access. What I'm looking to do is cancel the subscription and upgrade to the official release build, while keeping all the content I have and not having to uninstall the game. I tried "Check for Trainz updates..." in the settings menu and it said there was nothing. The FAQ says I should be able to automatically upgrade Early Access to the official release but I'm not having any luck with that.

I guess the main question would be: Is it possible to upgrade from Early Access and not have to uninstall what I already have if I cancel my Gold? (Apologies if it's still unclear.) If I have to, I'm willing to pay the one-time payment for the official release, but my biggest concern is keeping my content.

Thanks in advance!

Switching to regular will cancel any DLC you got through the Gold Membership, but anything you purchased outright is yours to keep.

You can purchase the program outright while still on the Gold Membership and get the Gold Membership discount for doing so so don't wait until your subscription has expired. Now I'm going by what I've read here in the forums. Don't feel bad, I'm going from memory and not via searching which is the most gawd awful thing within the forums and doesn't always produce the results you want.

My memory maybe fuzzy so your best bet would be to send in a request to the helpdesk. They guys there (mostly Zec) will be able to help you.

Back