Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRS80?

Default TRS80?

I hope a little intended good humor won't disturb the masses!

What happens in 61 years when Trainz becomes...TRS80?

I also hope that joke/pun does not need explanation as anyone who learned to program computers in public school/in the US/in the late 1970's/early 1980s should get this in a heartbeat.
    "Engineer blows the whistle loud and long
    Can't stop the train, gotta let it roll on" Chuck Berry, "Let It Rock"

Hopefully it will include a Commodore (Hudson) locomotive.... :O)
    TRS 2019 - This is not your father's PBR.....

Blog Entries

... and updates will be available via cassette tape
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Blog Entries

Tell you what, sometimes it feels like I'm trying to play Trainz on an old Tandy...

Matt
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

I certainly won't be around to see it, but I'm sure it will look better than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRrrubQkthg
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

TRS-80 Model 1 Level 2 (16k, cassette deck and green screen) was my first computer. Loved it to bits.

Had it for three or four years before upgrading to a BBC Micro - still my alltime favourite machine of the era.

I also had a TRS-80 Level 2 and learned programming in BASIC. Since then I have never been without a home computer. After the Tandy I had a succession of Macs - the first had both the operating system and the program on one floppy disk. I still have a Mac which must be well over 25 years old - perhaps I'll try it one day to see if it still works, although the battery will probably be flat.
    I understand that old Macs are now collectable, and that enthusiasts will pay a good price.
    Ray
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

Most of the Auran\N3V rolling stock and cab interiors, still look the same now.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I looked at these systems myself but opted for a Visual V-1050 because I got a big employee discount on their expensive system. The system came with a green-screen 9-inch display, Keytronics keyboard, 2 Floppy Drives, 128K of RAM (bank-switched), 32 K video RAM, and had an expansion port to handle an external hard drive in addition to the standard serial and Centronics printer port. The software package alone was amazing and contained the OS, CP/M Plus (CP/M 3.0), DR Graph, Microsoft Multiplan, C-Basic, Z80-Assembler - linker and compiler, and Word Star. The system also could read other software released for DEC, Osborne, Kaypro and others as well as emulate various terminals directly including Visual's own products, and those by DEC and others.

After using the system, I gave it to a neighbor when I 'upgraded' to a PC Compatible in 1986. I still kick myself in the pants for giving the system away, because it's actually worth something today as a collectors item.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

United States of America, Arkansas, Jonesboro

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    I certainly won't be around to see it, but I'm sure it will look better than this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRrrubQkthg

Hay Tony, what route is that? Looks so cool! Where can I get it??

(of course I'm being sarcastic. Just echoing what I read so many times in the forum when people post a screenie.)

If a version ever comes out made specifically and only for OSX I hope it's named SD90MAC..
    Last edited by 1611mac; June 20th, 2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: removed poor video
    Win 10: TRS19-100240: ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce, 1TB EVO SSD, 224GB system SSD
    (& iMac and MBP installs)

United States of America, Maryland, Baltimore

You guys are showing your age. Myself, I had Apple II+ used a cassette deck and a tv channel 34, I think, as a monitor. Never had as much fun as with that baby.

Rob

Hey Tony, I'm with these other guys. T:ANE doesn't look all that much different than that video! Would not mind having the route and session!
    TRS 2019 - This is not your father's PBR.....

United States of America, New York, Staten Island

I had an TRS80 Model 1, many models of Tandy Color Computer, Commodore 64, Atari 1200, Tandy 1000 PC/PCjr compatible, many makes and models of PC compatibles, a few notebooks, and two tablets.

Blog Entries

I had a TRS80 way back in the 1970s. TRS80s were much better at generating random numbers and at sorting numbers than the PC is. A TRS80 could come up with over 100 random numbers without any repeats and you could specify the max and min numbers.
    If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
    Start with a small country.