Layout facing the wrong way

nicke

Appreciative Trainzer
I have just discovered (several months after starting) I have a 9 x baseboard layout facing the wrong way.
East is West.

Is there a way I can turn the layout around, so East is East?
I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks
NickE

It's been brought up a few times and even myself has tried to do this over the years but effectively no. However since you're still working on a small scale (9 boards rather than hundreds), you could try creating a blank area next to it and copy/paste with the selection flipped.

Add new blank boards around your current route to make the selection area rectangular and make sure the empty boards are equal or larger than your existing layout's length and width. Trainz may lock up for a few minutes after you click "paste", this is normal for copy/pasting big areas - just leave it until it's done.

Last edited:
Thanks Nicky9499.
I'll give it a try tonight.
Appreciate your quick reply.
Cheers
NickE

Just a quick note to say Nicky9499's way of copy/paste has worked for me - and my layout is now facing the right way.
Thanks again.
Cheers
NickE

I was going to say you most certainly can turn it around as I had the same problem, by 90 degrees. You simply copy 1 or all boards, having made up blank ones, and select the rotation tool before pasting onto the new boards.

Back