Update Rolling Stock

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
Hi folks. There is a serious lack of (updated) New Zealand rolling stock, especially of the older periods 1900 - 1960. I see a lot being done on diesels but nothing prior to 1980. One of my favourites is the Standard railcars, the Drewrys and the Vulcans. However having downloaded the last two (no-one has ever made the Standard Railcars as far as I know), all are faulty being build version 2.5. Mostly its - <kuid:309161:100096> VE44: Tag 'category-era-0' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete, and VE45: The Tag '0' is not permitted within a container of type '0'; type of messages. Whilst there is vague info on what that means, I haven't found what is required to fix this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can learn to update and correct these errors and bring these up to TANE standards? What programs, software do I need and how do I learn what is needed! Thanks in advance.

Alikiwi (Alistair).

for 'category-era-0' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete just delete the line.

There is a repair group going through the faulty assets on the DLS but they have a back log of a few thousand to do. Generally speaking the older assets will run fine in TANE but some newer assets might and I stress might look a bit better.

kuid:309161:100096 does not appear to be on the DLS.

Cheerio John

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can learn to update and correct these errors and bring these up to TANE standards? What programs, software do I need and how do I learn what is needed!
These errors are dealt with in detail here: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/AM&C/Fixing_Assets

If you have trouble unravelling the pompous verbosity used at that site just ask for assistance, but both those errors should be identifiable and fixable.

Honestly I found fixing content really overwhelming at first, but now it's almost second nature. If I do get stumped by something I have someone I turn to via email and also come to the forum for pointers or search Google. There are also some tools/programs available (PevSoft) which can help with fixing some of the assets, especially accompanied with one or two of the third party scripts that are available.

As you've already been told here, generally speaking if you see the line 'XX isn't permitted within the container of a type YY' it's generally easiest to delete the line involved, but be careful with the brackets in the config as that can periodically play hell with a config if you accidentally delete the wrong thing. If you need any help with assets I generally have a lot of free time on my hands so feel free to message me and I'll see if I can help out

Back