South Aussie regional lines

Juzzy

Hey all, I have a plan to re-create some of the regional South Aussie lines (sadly the only way they will ever be revived I think - I'm sure any fellow South Aussies would agree with me). I'm planning to start around Roseworthy and work north towards Burra. I'm still pretty new to the surveyor and am still playing around with it to familiarise myself with it before getting underway, but feel I am close to being able to make a start on it. Any suggestions from you more experienced route builders out there would be great. Also thoughts from anyone familiar with the line would be amazing.

Cheers

I am wondering what resources you are planning to use to ensure what you build is accurate (or reasonably so) to the prototype. It might be advantageous to state what you plan to use for reference so those who are familiar with South Australia can help you.

I am wondering what resources you are planning to use to ensure what you build is accurate (or reasonably so) to the prototype. It might be advantageous to state what you plan to use for reference so those who are familiar with South Australia can help you.
I'm planning onusing Google Earth (and a few visits to take some photos) to hopefully gain a reasonable degree of accuracy in regards to layout. In terms of resources I'm not really confident with creating my own at the moment though would like to give it a go at some stage. Aside from that it's download station, so if anyonone knows of other good sources of existing SA-relevant materials that would be helpful.

Back