Trainz Plus Beta 100980 to Trainz Plus Beta 101274

My copy shows most of those as modified and those I had with a fault are category-class "GA " and should be category-class "GA" no space.

<kuid2:60238:21000:1> Brick Road Texture
<kuid2:171456:21000:1> Road Bitumen
<kuid:63971:21072> redsoil
<kuid:63971:21088> bmountains2
<kuid:63971:21089> bmountains3
<kuid2:67261:29021:1> car21
<kuid:63971:21066> ozgrass
<kuid:42884:37023> Telegraph 30wire
<kuid:63971:21071> patersonscurse
<kuid:63971:21080> tussock3
<kuid:63971:21078> tussock

All marked as DLS, all download here as not faulty. I suggest deleting your installed faulty versions, and redownloading.

<kuid2:103919:80006:2> Steel 'I' Beams - !8 inch x 20m long (load)

This is a builtin item that is found in \resources\builtin\core\content
This content should be installed when you install the game (and/or patched when you update). Does it show in your folder? (use Windows Explorer and search for 103919).

Load edit session do some work and save. ctrl+F2 into driver and run session. So far so good, flick to surveyor alter something and go back to driver, problem solved. This is where I am confused because if you want to save the alteration to the route or session when do you do it? Do you go back to surveyor first and save, if so will the consists be in the new location or as they where when you loaded the route? or click exit driver and don't save the driver session? I seem to find myself back at the session screen and the alteration is lost.

To save or not to save, that is the question! This is a worthy topic for a new thread, so moving it for you.

Load edit session do some work and save. ctrl+F2 into driver and run session. So far so good, flick to surveyor alter something and go back to driver, problem solved. This is where I am confused because if you want to save the alteration to the route or session when do you do it? Do you go back to surveyor first and save...

It doesn't matter where you save from. If you save, all of your changes will be saved.

... if so will the consists be in the new location or as they where when you loaded the route?

All of your changes are saved, including changes to consist locations. Sometimes this is exactly what you want, and sometimes it's not. We have ideas for how to handle the "not" case better in the future, but it's not something that we'll action at the current time.

... or click exit driver and don't save the driver session? I seem to find myself back at the session screen and the alteration is lost.

Correct. If you exit without saving, any unsaved changes are lost.

chris

Re-downloaded and still faulty big boss man.

But now marked again as dls assets faulty.

error3.png

Last edited:
<kuid2:103919:80006:2> Steel 'I' Beams - !8 inch x 20m long (load)

This is a builtin item that is found in \resources\builtin\core\content
This content should be installed when you install the game (and/or patched when you update). Does it show in your folder? (use Windows Explorer and search for 103919).

Thanks Tony,
OK, I have two installs:
Drive M: - build 100464 - there are 333 items in core\content (including the above item)
Drive N: - build 101274 - there are only 303 items in core\content (above item missing; ?? along with some others)

However if I run a directory comparison program (WinDiff) over the two I get 55 items listed as being only in M:.
Probably there are later versions of some items in N: - would take a while to check them all.

What I was wondering; can I copy the above item: 103919:80006:2 from M: to N: and run a DB repair to include it?
The rest? I have no faulty items or missing dependencies so may not need to know about the rest unless something pops-up.

Thanks,
Laurie

Re-downloaded and still faulty
>>

My apologies, I must have checked the wrong build. As stagecoach mentioned, the items have an unwanted space in the Category Class - I'll get it investigated for a code fix.

Re Assertions:
>>
we have repros for those shown thanks.

Laurie
>>
Can you confirm you copied the 100464 install the the new drive, then patched.
Don't manually edit the built-in folder as that will effectively break the compatibility for future patching.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony,

Don't manually edit the built-in folder as that will effectively break the compatibility for future patching.
Forgot about that bit .......................... Lucky I didn't try!

Can you confirm you copied the 100464 install the the new drive, then patched.

No, didn't start with build 100464.
Have had the two installations of TRS19 for quite a long time.
The one that is now 101274 was mostly sitting idle at some earlier build to the other.
It kept crashing when some of the industries were approached in Surveyor or Driver modes in an older route I was working with.
Namely, Erie Northern 2012 v5.18 by crb001.

So, in the other install I started a major update to this route, replacing all sorts of bits and pieces etc.
An interesting / annoying thing happened to this one after one of the updates (cannot remember which update though)
but what happened was that the majority of foliage was not there anymore.
Found out that most of the missing foliage that Chuck Brite added to EN was SpeedTree groups.
It looked so naked!! Still Does!!

So, in the other idle version all the trees were still there in that route so I made all the other changes to the industries etc.
And got it all working correctly and then that one was brought up to 101274 with one upgrade from the earlier version it was left at.
Confusing eh?

At present, apart from the missing foliage in one route, both are almost identical as far as packages, route and sessions:
283 files in the packages folder, and in CM, 240 Routes and Sessions.
And as far as I know, all are "healthy" - haven't run them all but haven't found any problems so far.
So I think it is probably best to leave well alone.
And, when TRS19 is all finished
:) I will maybe start with a fresh download.

Regards,
Laurie

One suggestion for improvement I have - I think the Drone camera would be better if it:

1) Recalls the last position it was in inbetween switching camera modes.
2) Keeps the same distance from the nearest track segment when the train turns round corners.
3) Automatically swivels at the same rate as the nearest waggon when it turns around a corner (not necessarily pointed in the same direction as the waggon).

So basically it is a passenger's eye view (or hanger on!) whos head is being moved and turned by the train, rather than looking at the same spot outside and swaying towards and away from the train as it goes around corners.

EDIT - in fact just like Cab view but external! But clicking a waggon automaticaly shifts to that waggon.

Last edited:
RE USD

I keep getting ctd's when going from main screen - Routes then to sessions. After clicking on the session to load it in for editing the ctd occurs.

I have had other instances of ctd's at different times.

Russell

Sorry this should have gone in the USD beta thread - will copy to that thread.

Last edited:
Back