Trainz Plus Beta 100980 to Trainz Plus Beta 101274

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The latest update is now ready for our Trainz Plus testers (PC only - Mac to follow hopefully next week) using the Trainz Plus Beta stream.

Fixed:
Several crash fixes (including hopefully the zoom out issue - please advise if you're still able to repro that one)
Flag game state changes correctly to resolve savegame compatibility
Fix the savegame dialog staying open (and hidden) after a save failure
Fix the game clock stops on exiting Driver​
Fix SpatialManager assertions
Fix minimap tracks showing in cab view after exiting map view
Fix tools tab opening unexpectedly after UDS state change​
Fix thumbnail handling (mostly - still some w.i.p.)
Fix opening the DriverSetup rule for edit would repopulate defaults after the rule had started or finished execution
Fix locos + drivers not auto-added to Driver Setup rule​
Fix an issue with generating procedural tracks which lack seasonal data.
Fix issues with Undo/Redo of couple/decouple operations
Fix deleting spline points in procedural track relocating trackside\mode objects​

In progress / known issues:
Locos can sometimes be invisible on loading a session (using the controls will show the loco in Driver, or adding a car and "bumping" it in Surveyor
Fixing track redraw issues and slow loading of trackside objects
Crash on loading saved session from cloned map
Switching to Driver re-enables the Junction Overlay.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR BUG REPORTS:
Please use this link to submit any issues you discover. We have received very few reports which means either everything is working fine, or everyone is thinking someone else will advise us of any issues. The bug report form is here:
Trainz Bug Report

Last edited:
The menu screen (after starting) appears to have several missing assets. This is the screen with your loco/traincar of choice.

For me the orange boxes for missing assets get hidden by the loco as the scene fills. CM shows Stumps and Rocks lib to be Payware not active which is the root cause of 150 faults. Trying another extended DB repair.

For me the orange boxes for missing assets get hidden by the loco as the scene fills. CM shows Stumps and Rocks lib to be Payware not active which is the root cause of 150 faults. Trying another extended DB repair.

I think this is my problem as well.

CM shows Stumps and Rocks lib to be Payware not active which is the root cause of 150 faults. Trying another extended DB repair.
>>
That's a permissions issue (i.e. needs reconfiguring at our end). It should be sorted out shortly.

I have 100 faulties routes & sessions mainly due to payware PBR texture assets (installed not active)
also the odd loco and building assets missing files but on download station etc
Done DBR no change

Are we reporting assertion error/warnings? They don't appear to be causing any issues at present but I've seen a couple I've not seen before.

1. Asset listing is now updated (to force the update more quickly, remove your username, wait for the "not authorised" then re-enter it).
2. A few of items that were previously built-in are now available on the DLS (we're working on sorting that out a little better).
3. Yes, please report assertion messages. While often they are just "informational" they are there to assist the devs in identifying potential issues.
Please write the full "heading" text (not the body text) in your message and attach a screenshot.

Last edited:
error1.jpg

Hi,
Update installed OK (~ 200mb).
However after the DB upgrade I was left with a screen full of 'faulties' - missing dependencies.
All except three items were rectified with the download of maybe a dozen or so commodities from the DLS.

The three still faulty items (sessions):

Oil Empire: <kuid2:212731:105008:3>
Railway Festival: <kuid2:212731:105001:3>
Freighthauler: <kuid2:212731:105000:4>

were all looking for one item namely:

Commodity:
Steel 'I' Beams - !8 inch x 20m long (load)
<kuid2:103919:80006:2>
by: jmorty
Showing as: Unknown location

Changed their config(s) back to version :1 of this commodity and all is OK.
Just wondering if there is a supposed to be a version :2 out there somewhere?

Thanks,
Laurie

Installed OK here, about a dozen missing assets, all re-downloaded from the DLS, no sign of crashing in surveyor yet.

Load edit session do some work and save. ctrl+F2 into driver and run session. So far so good, flick to surveyor alter something and go back to driver, problem solved. This is where I am confused because if you want to save the alteration to the route or session when do you do it? Do you go back to surveyor first and save, if so will the consists be in the new location or as they where when you loaded the route? or click exit driver and don't save the driver session? I seem to find myself back at the session screen and the alteration is lost.

<kuid2:60238:21000:1> Brick Road Texture
<kuid2:171456:21000:1> Road Bitumen
<kuid:63971:21072> redsoil
<kuid:63971:21088> bmountains2
<kuid:63971:21089> bmountains3
<kuid2:67261:29021:1> car21
<kuid:63971:21066> ozgrass
<kuid:42884:37023> Telegraph 30wire
<kuid:63971:21071> patersonscurse
<kuid:63971:21080> tussock3
<kuid:63971:21078> tussock

In the previous build these were marked as DLS downloads and not faulty at all.

Started build 101274 20 mins ago and they were marked as DLS downloads and all faulty.

Did an extended DBR and now they are marked as third party, but still faulty :eek:

Back