Portal Problems TRS19

Leo1704

Dear community,

I have a recurring problem with portals on TRS19. The problem is that some portals refuse to consume a train that is directed to them. Initially they may consume one or two trains, but then refuse to do so and the train just stops at the portal.
Please note:

* these are portals already installed in TRS19.
* they are set to "consume" all trains.
* "dev" setting in Settings is "maximum compatibility".

Any suggestions as to what is going wrong and how to fix it.

Many thanks in anticipation

Leo

Hi Leo

I don't know what is happening with your installation but I rarely use portals to consume consists unless I need the consist to return later. At all other times I place a trackmark at a point where I need to remove a consist and use an Autodrive, Drive or Navigate via command followed by a Delete Train command. This removes the consist instantly and I have never had any problems using this method. It also removes consists anywhere on a route and not just at portals.

Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian. Yes, there must be something wrong, it is happening again, randomly. I too only use portals to have consists return back and that is where it is happening. I will try your method too.

Thanks pware, I am aware of this and have been setting the compatibiity mode correctly. But the problem continues randomly. Just out of the blue, a portal decides that it won't accept trains. This is happening on the Settle and Carlisle route and the portals I have kept as installed etc. It really is ruining enjoyment as you want the full schedule to play out, and then the portal stops working, ruining everything. I am not sure what is happening. Surely, though, such a basic probem from a in inbuilt part should not be occurring.

Back