Thread: Used Car Header Board

Exclamation Used Car Header Board

Hi Everyone and also John.

Can someone make an asset to go on the roofe of used cars

ie. Sale, Massive Sale, Summer Sales, Best Buyers...

Regards

Harry

PS why was my post moved as now I can see any replys? Software Used for Content Creation

Blog Entries

Your thread was probably moved into the correct part of the forum - if you cannot access it contact the Help desk.

Shane

Harry

I've made you a sign the same as the one in the photo you linked in the other thread. It's now on the DLS as Car sale sign 01 <KUID:68213:23020>.

It is allowed to be re-skinned, so you can make other variations yourself by changing the image in the texture file (keep the file name car sale sign.tga the same). I recommend only altering the part of the image that maps to the face and edges of the sign board because the associated normal map is designed to be flat/non-bumpy there.

Changing the part that maps to the black stand is not advised unless you know how to generate a new normal map to suit the changes.

Feel free to upload re-skins to the DLS under your own kuid numbers and asset usernames. Do the right thing and abide by the License terms.

~ Deane

Last edited by Dinorius_Redundicus; June 16th, 2019 at 10:26 PM.
    T:ANE SP3 build 94829 and TRS2019 build 100240
    Win 10, i7 5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti, 2x512GB SSD

That screenshot reminds me of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That screenshot reminds me of a movie.
    A penny for your thoughts, which movie? Maybe Fargo? Or perhaps this one, Suckers.

I thought of Psycho.

Red face Thank you so much, however....

Quote Originally Posted by Dinorius_Redundicus View Post
    Harry

I've made you a sign the same as the one in the photo you linked in the other thread. It's now on the DLS as Car sale sign 01 <KUID:68213:23020>.

It is allowed to be re-skinned, so you can make other variations yourself by changing the image in the texture file (keep the file name car sale sign.tga the same). I recommend only altering the part of the image that maps to the face and edges of the sign board because the associated normal map is designed to be flat/non-bumpy there.

Changing the part that maps to the black stand is not advised unless you know how to generate a new normal map to suit the changes.

Feel free to upload re-skins to the DLS under your own kuid numbers and asset usernames. Do the right thing and abide by the License terms.

~ Deane

Hi Deane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me, however I can't find the asset in the DLS under the name or the code that you have said above?

You have explained how to make basic changes but….

1. Do I clone the asset then make the changes?
    2. Is the image a JPEG?

Regards

Harry

It's been on the DLS for about 12 hours as I write this and 14 people have downloaded it so far, so it really is there.

The name and kuid are correct. If you're searching with Content Manager, I believe it can take a little longer before it shows up there, but you can always search the DLS web pages directly. It's a TANE asset, so make sure you have ticked the TANE box before initiating the search.

As for the questions;

1. Yes, cloning is one way to do it. Don't forget to make a new thumbnail image to show how your new, re-skinned sign looks. Otherwise it will get very confusing for other users.
    2. No it's a TGA file. Read the second sentence in post #3 above. The file name and type were both written in bold type.

Last edited by Dinorius_Redundicus; June 17th, 2019 at 07:22 AM.

Thumbs up Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Dinorius_Redundicus View Post
    It's been on the DLS for about 12 hours as I write this and 14 people have downloaded it so far, so it really is there.

The name and kuid are correct. If you're searching with Content Manager, I believe it can take a little longer before it shows up there, but you can always search the DLS web pages directly. It's a TANE asset, so make sure you have ticked the TANE box before initiating the search.

As for the questions;

1. Yes, clone first, then make the changes to the clone (I've never cloned anything, but in principle that's the way to go).
    2. Read the second sentence in post #3 above. The file name and type were written in bold type.
    Hi Deane,

Sorry, how do I search the web pages directly?

How do I make the simple changes? A step by step guild would be really helpful please?

Regards

Harry