Used Car Header Board

Harry

I've made you a sign the same as the one in the photo you linked in the other thread. It's now on the DLS as Car sale sign 01 <KUID:68213:23020>.

It is allowed to be re-skinned, so you can make other variations yourself by changing the image in the texture file (keep the file name [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]car sale sign.tga[/FONT] the same). I recommend only altering the part of the image that maps to the face and edges of the sign board because the associated normal map is designed to be flat/non-bumpy there.

Changing the part that maps to the black stand is not advised unless you know how to generate a new normal map to suit the changes.

Feel free to upload re-skins to the DLS under your own kuid numbers and asset usernames. Do the right thing and abide by the License terms.

~ Deane

w8NbKgu.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much, however....

Harry

I've made you a sign the same as the one in the photo you linked in the other thread. It's now on the DLS as Car sale sign 01 <KUID:68213:23020>.

It is allowed to be re-skinned, so you can make other variations yourself by changing the image in the texture file (keep the file name car sale sign.tga the same). I recommend only altering the part of the image that maps to the face and edges of the sign board because the associated normal map is designed to be flat/non-bumpy there.

Changing the part that maps to the black stand is not advised unless you know how to generate a new normal map to suit the changes.

Feel free to upload re-skins to the DLS under your own kuid numbers and asset usernames. Do the right thing and abide by the License terms.

~ Deane

w8NbKgu.jpg

Hi Deane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me, however I can't find the asset in the DLS under the name or the code that you have said above?

You have explained how to make basic changes but….

1. Do I clone the asset then make the changes?
  2. Is the image a JPEG?

Regards

Harry

It's been on the DLS for about 12 hours as I write this and 14 people have downloaded it so far, so it really is there.

The name and kuid are correct. If you're searching with Content Manager, I believe it can take a little longer before it shows up there, but you can always search the DLS web pages directly. It's a TANE asset, so make sure you have ticked the TANE box before initiating the search.

As for the questions;

1. Yes, cloning is one way to do it. Don't forget to make a new thumbnail image to show how your new, re-skinned sign looks. Otherwise it will get very confusing for other users.
2. No it's a TGA file. Read the second sentence in post #3 above. The file name and type were both written in bold type.

Last edited:
Thanks again

It's been on the DLS for about 12 hours as I write this and 14 people have downloaded it so far, so it really is there.

The name and kuid are correct. If you're searching with Content Manager, I believe it can take a little longer before it shows up there, but you can always search the DLS web pages directly. It's a TANE asset, so make sure you have ticked the TANE box before initiating the search.

As for the questions;

1. Yes, clone first, then make the changes to the clone (I've never cloned anything, but in principle that's the way to go).
2. Read the second sentence in post #3 above. The file name and type were written in bold type.

Hi Deane,

Sorry, how do I search the web pages directly?

How do I make the simple changes? A step by step guild would be really helpful please?

Regards

Harry[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Back