Unable to Install off Disk 1 TRS2019

... after an answer from zec via the helpdesk i updated my post #76 ...
thankz zec, helpdeskteam, tony and all the others here in this thread / forum
have a nice time
grtz
daveric

I am late to the party with this one, but its probably worth documenting my experience with the install process.

Like others I encountered the "Unable to copy to target disk (result: -17" message when trying to install from the inbuilt DVD reader in my DELL XPS 8920 Desktop . Seeing Tony's early suggestion in this thread I tried copying the files on the DVD to my desktop, but the copy of the patch-1.bin file failed at 54% twice.

I then tried installing from an old external Samsung DVD recorder I use to load software onto my laptop. This time it worked fine.

It would seem the TRS2019 install DVDs are a little fussy about the reader used.

Common problem with optical drives these days, they don't seem to be 100% compatible with all types of DVD.

i solved the problem,i was blind and foul to not register the extra content,now its downloading,amazing.But the disk are still useless,what can we do about it?

Last edited:
I get the exact same error message. unable to copy installation data to target disk. (result:-17,src:'D:/data',dst:'C:/Users/jfamu/AppData/Local/Temp/2c82d390_TRS19 Installer/data')

i've disabled anti virus and firewall. Still getting error message when trying to install Trainz19 "unable to copy installation data to target disk. (result:-17,src:'D:/data',dst:'C:/Users/jfamu/AppData/Local/Temp/2c82d390_TRS19 Installer/data')"

Last edited:
Unfortunately some systems are unable to read the DVDs. Your options are to copy onto to a different PC and transfer across, or to download the digital verison and get a shipping refund through helpdesk.

I'm experiencing the same issues (ticket to help desk submitted) as above. Am I able to request the digital version for free or do I need to purchase? No need for refund on shipping if I can just get this game up and running.

Back