Unable to Install off Disk 1 TRS2019

bolivar

Unable to install my core installation off disk 1. Black small screen with heading "TRS19 Online Patch (Not Responding) keeps appearing. Have sent ticket to support. Anyone help?

Last edited:
We saw this one one test machine.
1. Turn off anti-virus (probably interferring with things)
2. Wait and the not responding will go away and it will continue.

Alternatively, copy everything to your desktop and install from there.

Having similar problem with DVD I received today. Anti virus off. Waited for Patching to start, but got this message instead.

Unable to copy installation data to target disk (result -17, src 'D:/data',dst:'C:/user/XXXX/AppData/Local/Temp/835 edba7_TRS19 installer/data')

Any help would be appreciated.

Tried to extract the files from disk turns out the file called patch-1.bin windows 10 can't seem to copy as it says "Can't read from the source file or disk"

Hi All
Please ensure that you have plenty of space available on your hard drive to install Trainz. You will need at least 50GB of free space when installing to C:\ drive.

Please note, if installing Trainz to a drive other than C:\ drive, you will still need plenty of free space on C:\ drive (recommend at least 25GB) for the installer to unpack into the Windows Temp folders.

Please also ensure that any security programs on your computer are not interfering with the installer. You may need to temporarily add the installer as an exception in any security programs.

Please also try setting the installer to run as administrator, which you can do by right clicking on the installer, and then click on 'run as administrator'.

For all of the games I've ever installed this is the only one where I have had to disable windows 10 security suite to install trainz 19.

On another note I keep getting an error with my ts19 UK edition install as for some reason package sc484f has an error and can't unpack the files from cd saying that it can't open the .trazc file for reading when installing purchased items from disc. Have tried multiple times and restarted the PC and still no dice.

Glad to hear that you resolved the issue with the TRS19 install.
For the UK files, try copying the files off the DVD into a new folder on your desktop and "Install from Disk" again choosing that new folder.
If that fails, email helpdesk and they'll arrange a download of the file for you.

The key for me was that Windows 10 security had to be disabled during installation ofthe trs19 disks 1 & 2. The error with the built in content install from cd with the UK files I am working on still.

Still unable to install disk 1. Tried copying disk 1 into folder on hard drive. Still can't copy patch - 1.bin . Stops at 54% with 3.31GB remaining. Tried all suggestions to no avail.

constar261. Which Windows 10 security did you have to disable. I had anti-virus disabled. Getting very frustrated, never had problems with previouse versions of Trainz.

Back