Unable to Install off Disk 1 TRS2019

this is what errors I'm getting with the uk install on disk 1 import content from disc.

; <NULL> install-package "K:\UK Content Disk 1"
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file k:/uk content disk 1/sc484f.tzarc to W:/TRS19 Content/packages/sc484f.tzarc (err 0x00000017)
- <NULL> Installation of the content package 'sc484f' failed due to immovable existing data.

I paid for a working install cd now I'm just getting more and more headaches.

Hi Tony, Zec at al, long time since I have been on here. 2019 world edition of DVD not installing. Anti-virus all off, all background programs shut down, running as Administrator, plenty of room on D: for the install, plenty of room on C: for temp files, tried copying files off DVD to desktop folder but copy failed for both DVD 1 and DVD 2. Machine is up to spec and running TANE SP3 very nicely. Have come to conclusion that the DVDs could be faulty. Any other suggestions? I have been with Trainz from the very start and I never cease to marvel at the difficulties in getting each version set up properly.

Last edited:
Same problem as other people with Patch-1.BIN stopping at 54% when copying to hard drive.
Some hours later - well I finally found a DVD drive that would read Patch-1.BIN so copied everything up to a networked drive. Tried an install from there but install still failing when trying to read Patch-1.BIN off the networked drive. Fails at the point where you open Patch-1.BIN - tries to read fails, offers you another chance to open file, fails again, and again. Finally rolls back the install.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound to good given a few reports of this.

Thoughts.....

Not all DVD readers / writers depending on their age are are equal these days when reading disks, new PC's don't even seem to include them now.
Or
Maybe a case of the drive is older than dual layer so can't read it properly, likely these days they are using dual layer disks, any drive older than 4 years may have that problem.
Or
Drive needs cleaning, unlikely if it can read other disks OK.
Or
Defective disks, check if it can be read on a different drive / PC, not easy if you haven't got an alternative.

Got a Linux live CD/DVD or USB? see if you can read and copy the disk using that? Has been known to work.

Unable to copy file k:/uk content disk 1/sc484f.tzarc to W:/TRS19 Content/packages/sc484f.tzarc (err 0x00000017)
- <NULL> Installation of the content package 'sc484f' failed due to immovable existing data.

Sounds like sc484f.tzarc on drive W: is read-only.

Hi Malc, problem is present on both a new built-in DVD drive and an older USB DVD drive. No problems with either drive with any other disks. I know there was a problem with the first run of 2019 DVDs - perhaps it has not been properly resolved.

I am still trying to get the simulator installed but the same error is repeating with every attempt and it is very frustrating.

Sounds like sc484f.tzarc on drive W: is read-only.

SC484 is the Cornish Mainline & Branches which is a TRS19 Builtin.
Could be a permissions thing I suppose, especially if Win10 has anything to do with it, 1903 has again beefed up security with anti tamper stuff as well as blocking things MS doesn't like. Could try turning UAC off temporarily maybe? And adding the W drive to Defender or whatever AV you are using exclusions.

I just had a Minitool partition Wizard update bounced as a virus by Defender, after it had un-installed the original, reported it as false positive..... It was an in program update! Installed the latest version and that was fine go figure.

on Win 10 right click Start>Settings>Windows Security>Virus & threat protection>Under Virus & threat protection settings manage settings turn off real-time protection for trs 19 install then instal ts19 discs 1&2. Next remember turn it back on after you install trainz.

I have used all the advice given on the forum and still can not install. It is so frustrating. I never had such a problem installing a game. I hope the problem gets solved.

I think N3V might have to redo the boxed copies of trs19 cause at this rate I may be putting in for a refund cause or some kind of compensation I paid for a working install and did not get it.

At this point I have tried every trick in the book from turning off anti virus to running as admin to adding exceptions and it won't install. I paid for a working dvd installer for both ts19 and my built in content and that what I should have received. I want this rectified and/or some kind of compensation for this faulty installer and built in content install package.

After fighting with the disk version which did not work, I had to try the digital version and am pleased to report that the installation was successful.

So now you basically waited for the cd version which didn't work for a digital one that does.
So you still have a broken cd install which isn't what you purchased.

Have tried all that is mentioned for Windows 10 and still no joy installing. They must be defective disks.
It is a lot of money I have spent on this and being on a pension is a lot to lose.

Hope there is a fix somewhere as money is tight.

This has happened before with either TANE or TS12, I forget which and N3V sent out replacement disks. I expect they will pick up on this problem come Monday in Aus.

So now you basically waited for the cd version which didn't work for a digital one that does.
So you still have a broken cd install which isn't what you purchased.

Yes on both counts, I have the CD version but it was causing me a headache so that is when yes I resorted to the digital version as an attempt the Problem.

Last edited:
Back