Unable to Install off Disk 1 TRS2019

What I'm trying to say is that you ordered a working physical copy but instead received a copy that doesn't work and a digital download to fix it's problems. Basically N3V owes you a functional physical install cd set still.

My copy arrived today.
Tried all the suggestions with no success
When I tried to install from the desktop I got the message "this application is damaged" please re download.
Posted wrong thread earlier.
Frank

Last edited:
My copy arrived today.
Tried all the suggestions with no success
When I tried to install from the desktop I got the message "this application is damaged" please re download.
Posted wrong thread earlier.
Frank

Contact the helpdesk.

In the meantime you maybe able to download the digital version via your My Trainz (Planet Auran) account.

Stationbeem - which link were you trying for helpdesk?
Email support [at] trainzportal.com

It may give you some comfort (or may make you more frustrated) but we have been testing the DVDs internally and so far 5/5 have worked fine. Either we're just lucky so far or something else in the process is causing the issues some people are seeing (or possibly a set of disks are faulty and others from the same batch are fine).

Further suggestions:
- ensure the disk is clean (https://home.howstuffworks.com/home...ps/cleaning-organizing/how-to-clean-a-dvd.htm)
- try copying a SMALL file off the disk to confirm you have permission (since both Windows and Mac seem to be making things harder and harder)
- check the format of the drive you are copying to - NFTS is fine, FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit.
- try cleaning the DVD drive (https://itstillworks.com/13338581/how-to-clean-a-laptop-dvd-drive)

Note that a FAT32 drive may well have a 2TB partition limit, but will still have a file size limit of 4GB.

Tony;
I have tried what you said and it did not work, also tried older disk's of trainz and they work fine. I did contact support and got a reply but what they suggested did not work. Maybe I have a bad disk?

It is possible there are some faulty disks (we had a few issues many years ago with one batch of dual DVDs). Please advise helpdesk of the steps you've tried and they'll arrange a replacement from our pre-tested set of disks. Ideally we'd like your disks back so we can also check and return them to our supplier to compensate us for all the frustration caused.

After further testing on several different machines, we have yet to find a disk that does not allow copying the data to disk (we're 10 for 10 full installs without an error).

While this doesn't help those with problems, it also increases the likelihood that replacement disks will have the same problem (on the systems showing faults currently).

I don't doubt at all that some people are having issues, but it would be great to figure out why some can't copy from disk while others can without any problem.

1. Confirm that your Windows version is up to date.

2. Run an "MD5" check on the files
(Download this freeware - http://www.winmd5.com/)

Run the program and get the MD5 "hash" and compare your results to these two files:

F:\UK Content Disk 1\sc484s.tzarc
beb5c2c8289af25c4025833e36b36915

F:\UK Content Disk 1\sc484f.tzarc
6ad044c2304f1800b58440cea29f13a8

Note - this larger file will take a few minutes to be read.

This will tell us:
(i) whether the data can be read (in which case we can hopefully find a way to copy it off the disk)
(ii) whether the file is corrupt

If they match, try dragging the 484s file to your desktop and confirm if it copies.

3. Type "System Information" into the Windows search magnifying glass (next to your Start icon)
- Click on CD-Rom
- Find your Media Type (e.g. DVD Writer)
- Find your Name (e.g. Asus DRW-243DST SCSI DDRom Device)
- Provide this information to us here of through helpdesk.

4. https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-copy-dvds-with-read-errors

Last edited:
F:\UK Content Disk 1\sc484f.tzarc
6ad044c2304f1800b58440cea29f13a8

; <NULL> trs19-beta: 2652
; <NULL> 1560852712099: Client refresh complete
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file j:/uk content disk 1/sc484f.tzarc to G:/Program Files/N3V Games/Build Release/packages/sc484f.tzarc (err 0x000003ee)
- <NULL> Installation of the content package 'sc484f' failed due to immovable existing data.

J:\UK Content Disk 1\sc484s.tzarc
J:\UK Content Disk 1\sc484f.tzarc
605b1e32804751d428792cc19677157 Fail

Media Type DVD Writer
Name HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GP60NB50 USB Device
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate -1.00 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID USBSTOR\CDROM&VEN_HL-DT-ST&PROD_DVDRAM_GP60NB50&REV_PE00\KOSH5AE0618_________&0
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (10.0.17763.1, 162.00 KB (165,888 bytes), 15/09/2018 5:28 PM)
y4mbL6jpnVqQvcnUetMPXs6xfCFNrwCCzoXCkqyWfCkjQzP43OUFlm7YH53Vaj96r2JaNdmZcRMc_QUWKnOvPeKOHmBeITWieIVDV3iHZpNcDTKR9SqS0RXbhfKcnlLum2dmmZQpzDJR_djCvyTP1kevD-IBIXoSqjU7PNUBCUa7SFTBcCyc-tgte5yxKOxwatM

Last edited:
J:\UK Content Disk 1\sc484f.tzarc
605b1e32804751d428792cc19677157

This disk check never finished as it got half way and then never finished its like it stalled.

K:\UK Content Disk 1\sc484s.tzarc

Drive K:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded Yes
Media Type DVD Writer
Name TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653G
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate -1.00 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID SCSI\CDROM&VEN_TSSTCORP&PROD_DVD+-RW_TS-H653G\5&119CFC14&0&000000
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (10.0.17763.1, 162.00 KB (165,888 bytes), 9/15/2018 3:28 AM)

Last edited:
Excellent - thanks for your assistance with that. It's interesting that they both are corrupt in the same fashion (same checksum error).

Please contact helpdesk for replacement disks (or use the in-game downloader if you prefer).

Also, did anyone end up NOT being able to install the game? Please contact helpdesk with your details.

Frankpw - I assume you're on a Mac? That message is Apple being over zealous - copy the installer to a different folder should fix the problem.

Last edited:
Hi Frank
I have just checked your ticket on the helpdesk, and a reply was sent to your ticket on the 18th of June 2019 at 11:03 AM (AU EST). IF you have not received this, then you can also access it by logging into the helpdesk ( http://support.trainzportal.com/ ), and then clicking on ''My Tickets", then click on the ticket that you wish to view.

Unfortunately we do sometimes find that the reply emails from the helpdesk don't make it through, we have not yet found the cause of this, however we believe it may be due to some email providers blocking some emails as spam, since the emails are generated by the helpdesk software.

Hi Zec,

I have sent 2 replies to your message.
I did all that you said . When I tried installer got the not responding message.turned off the anti virus.
A large documents window appeared. in the top margin please insert disc 1.
hidden underneath was the installer,which was stopped part way through checking target.
When I checked it had created a folder TS19 ,in which were the dll files.
Frank

Update.
Tried a different drive, got as far as copying payload data.
It sat there for 2 hours and did nothing.
Checked theN3V Games folder it is empty.
If anyone has any idea what I might be doing wrong please let me know.
Regards Frank

"frankpw" Try inserting disc 2. I had similar experience. Check to see if another window has opened asking for insertion of disc 2.

Hi Frank,

I had trouble installing as well and in the end I firstly disabled my anti virus software, then created a folder on the desktop and copied the files from the dvd into that folder and then installed from there. But make sure you have plenty of room on your 'C' drive and also the destination drive. When installing it will take some time and appear as thought nothing is happening but let it go and it will eventually install ok.

Back