Thread: Need Asset to Load Oil Tankers?

Hybrid View

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Question Need Asset to Load Oil Tankers?

I can't find an asset to load individual oil tank-cars. There are some loaders, but none designed to load tank-cars, that I can find.
    TRS19 100240
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

United States of America, Wyoming, Evanston

Dick, I don't know if this asset will fit you need but it's what is used in JR's Santa Fe, Needles District model railroad route.

<kuid:370528:1334> n Oil Terminal S

I decided to not put in the effort nor time to make oil tanker loader for my Asset Route as this one was plenty good.

Hope this helps. Take care,
    Don Bennett Evanston, WY USA Windows 10 T:ANE Deluxe 94829 TRS2019 100240

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

I was looking for something that integrated with the track. However, I now feel dumb. Thanks to your suggestion I fiddled around to see if there was a logical place for it and found that the refinery had two track/loader facilities. They were among the tanks and other stuff.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

You could try Multiple Industry <Kuid:-25.73>. I believe is is built-in.
    TS06, TS09, TS10, TS12, New Era SP3

If you're using the Auran refinery here is something you could do that dresses it up a little,

This is from UMR-2018 and what neilsmith749 did was take a couple of <kuid2:37603:26064:1> oil loading rack and put them over the weird alien concrete loaders built into the refinery. Brilliant!

For local delivery points you can do something like this

This is from BNSF: Clovis to Lubbock and what maxwerks did was take bits and pieces to build a receiving station. In the background is JR's <kuid:175455:101060> JR Truck/Rail Transloader which, with some hoses, looks pretty good. He uses industry tracks with these.

Another asset I just stumbled over on this route is <kuid2:240390:20002:1> Load-Unload Rack which has off loading hoses built in and would look great with an appropriate industry track.

Have fun!
    Last edited by normhart; June 10th, 2019 at 06:03 PM.
    Dear Missouri,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

United States of America, Wyoming, Evanston

Not to be picky but I can't help commenting on the lack of or inadequate secondary containment for the tankage in the pictures above. Again, per SPCC regulations oil tanks (and other tankage holding hazardous materials) must have a secondary containment structure around the tankage of sufficient size to hold 100%, or more, of the maximum volume of liquid the tankage can contain. I've made and uploaded a berm spline and a 90° berm corner for tankage secondary containment in our routes. See my Asset Route for ways to use the assets.

See this thread for more info: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ry-containment

Sorry if it sounds like I'm dissing the routes; I'm not. Most people just don't know they requirements. We work really hard to make all our track, signals, etc., correct and we should try to be true to life on the scenery also.

Take care,
    Don Bennett Evanston, WY USA Windows 10 T:ANE Deluxe 94829 TRS2019 100240