How do I unlock a turnout in TRS19 Driver?

horacefithers

I was actually drving the Garibaldi Turn on my route and I decided to actually switch an industry (in free drive mode).

But when the train is close enough to the turnout (and STOPPED) for the rear end brakeman to climb down and throw the points there's a LOCKED icon showing and it won't let me do so.

There are some other cars/carriages parked in the area but no other trains (a train is a locomotive, with or without cars, displaying signals).

Yes, turnouts are often locked on the prototype (to keep malicious mischief types from changing them) but conductors/brakemen have keys for them.

How do I unlock turnouts so I can switch 'em in TRS19 without having to enter "Edit Trains" mode, bodily move my train to another track, throw the turnout, then bodily move my train back again before resuming 'the drive'?

This is in free drive mode (not in a pre-generated session.

Horace Fithers

The problem you have is as you've said you're close to the turnout. Trainz versions since TS12 automatically lock the turnout. When this happens you would have to move further back in order to unlock it.

Shane

I fount the answer.

In Driver 'J' throws the turnout in front of the train.
Ctrl 'J' throws the turnout behind the train.

These commands don't seem to mind that the train is "too close" to the turnout for the click on the turnout method.

HF

That maybe in TRS19. But in TANE, J or <ctrl>J have the same restriction, the best thing to do is to reduce the radius of the points to 1 meter. Note: In some cases, doing a DBR, may reset points at ramdom to 20 meter default, and you have to go one by one reseting them to 1 mt

Another point is, regardless of the minimum radius, the locking of the point depends on the speed of the train; the faster the train, the further away the point locks.

How does one change the radius?

In Surveyor:

Go to the triggers and track marks tab (one over from the track-objects)
Click on the advanced at the bottom of the panel.
Click on the radius number (it shows 20.00).
Change that to 2 or 3 ( It's in meters).
Click on the set trigger radius.
Click on switch lever.

(A small yellow thing appears showing the small area).

Save and test.

After you do what JCitron indicates, Click on the icon at the right of set radius, and click on each of the points you have in the route. Then each will be set to the "get radius' setting. You can do it quite fast. As per Teddytoot, a train approaching at speed to a set of points will lock them. That, in my opinion is an unwanted "feature" introduced when Multiplayer was made. Just in case you ask.

Back