Portal functions etc lost when sessions saved

Leo1704

Dear community,
I notice that when I save a session which I have been driving, and then return to the saved session, the portal functions seem not to work:
* trains don't enter the portal, and or
* if a train is actual in the portal during the save, and that train is meant to return at another portal, then the train seems to be stuck in the portal and then does not come out.

Is anyone else having these sorts of problems when saving and then returning to a saved drive sessions? If so, any solutions or remedies?

Many thanks
Leo.

Portal problems when returning to saved drive session on TRS19

Dear community,
I notice that when I save a session which I have been driving, and then return to the saved session, the portal functions seem not to work:
* trains don't enter the portal, and or
* if a train is actual in the portal during the save, and that train is meant to return at another portal, then the train seems to be stuck in the portal and then does not come out.

Is anyone else having these sorts of problems when saving and then returning to a saved drive sessions? If so, any solutions or remedies?

Many thanks
Leo.

Thats very helpful thank you. Yes, it is a driver game I refer to. When I save an actual route or session when I am setting it up, all is fine when I return. However, the problem is, as you say, when I attempt to save a driver game on that session that I cannot return exactly to where I was because the trains in portals during the save are lost and then, it seems, the portal operation is also stuffed. ie, trains do not enter the portal at all and just reverse back. This was a problem too in previous Trainz versions.

However, I should also note, that during my running of TRS19, even when I don't save and have been playing for a while, sometimes a portal itself just prevents trains going into it and they also just reverse back.

While I can live with the first problem above, the second one is a bug: it may be just me. I am not sure.

Many thanks for the thread: I didn't realise this was so common a complaint.

With regard to portals working sometimes and not others, check TRS19's mode compatibility status.

One Wiki page you might look at is http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...to_Use_Portals.

In particular check its warning about using portals while the TRS19 Compatibility Mode is set to Maximise Performance. This is a setting designed for developers only. For normal TRS19 use this should be set to Maximise Compatibilty

Back