Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta (Q2 Update) - 100980 (PC)

Download OK.
    Testing.

Regards
    Darko

I get a lot of track flashing (on-and-off)
    >>
    Known issue thanks - should be sorted for the next update.

When I click the "done" button after changing streams, nothing happens....no download.
    >>

After changing stream, you then need to check for patches.
    If you are at 100240 then you first need to patch to 100464 using Trainz Plus stream (to get you to the live version).
    Then change to Trainz Plus Beta to patch to 100980 (beta version).

Peter - re your screenshots, what happens after taking a screenshot then selecting "Screenshot review and upload"?
    Also, which settings have you got enabled/disabled? (there are 3 options in General Settings).
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; June 5th, 2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

There's a bunch of things that need addressed still which is expected. I will say that the concept is really nice. I found I had placed a derail too close to where I parked the consist, causing the derail to be locked all the time. I instinctively went to exit driver and enter surveyor then I remembered I didn't have to do that. The repair process took less than a second as I slipped between driver and surveyor, fixed the problem by moving the derail only a few RR ties from where it was to its new position. I was then able to switch out the industry as I intended in the first place.

Issues:

People are missing from the platforms, but not. Go into Surveyor and they appear then they appear on the platforms afterwards, but not in the numbers I specified and they keep flickering. This might be related to the above-mentioned flickering issue.

Textures details are slow loading initially and when switching between Surveyor-mode and Driver mode. Sometimes if the textures are messed up in Driver, switching to Surveyor and paused, then returning to Driver fixes the problem.

Consists that are there in initially are gone later. Moving an existing train into the area where the missing consist is, causes the missing consist to appear suddenly when the new consist couples to the invisible one - might be related to the flickering issue.

The clock is stuck - I checked for a script error, or assertion error, but there was none.

I got this assertion error while flipping a stuck consist around:

Untitled.jpg
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

People are missing from the platforms, but not. Go into Surveyor and they appear then they appear on the platforms afterwards, but not in the numbers I specified and they keep flickering. This might be related to the above-mentioned flickering issue.
    >>

Is this asset specific? Are they becoming invisible (so a rendering issue) or do you think this is queue related?

Textures details are slow loading initially and when switching between Surveyor-mode and Driver mode. Sometimes if the textures are messed up in Driver, switching to Surveyor and paused, then returning to Driver fixes the problem.
    >>

What texture settings are you using? Does this happen once the textures are loaded?

Consists that are there in initially are gone later. Moving an existing train into the area where the missing consist is, causes the missing consist to appear suddenly when the new consist couples to the invisible one - might be related to the flickering issue.
    >>

Please provide the exact steps in terms on when items are placved, when they disappear/reappear.

The clock is stuck - I checked for a script error, or assertion error, but there was none.
    >>

It looks like the clock rule (part of the quickdrive rule) only executes on the first load of Driver. Thanks - that's an easy one to fix. Meanwhile you can get your clock working by selecting "quickdrive rule" in Edit Session then R-click > Reset.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; June 5th, 2019 at 07:53 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

More on the screenshot problem. It does appear that the error is in the program. Today with the same settings and initially the same error I tried shift+printscreen with no result, I then used Windows Key+Printscreen and I had a screenshot. Preview showed it so it was put where the program expected it to be.

I guess we can safely assume that there is a bug in the existing process.

Peter
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

This is going to change how we create routes entirely. Makes it so much easier switching between Surveyor & Driver modes. Installed with out any problems in a backup copy I keep separate for testing. Yes, bugs as reported above, to be entirely expected for a whole new concept. These will get ironed out as it progresses in development.

Quote Originally Posted by narrowgauge View Post
    More on the screenshot problem. It does appear that the error is in the program. Today with the same settings and initially the same error I tried shift+printscreen with no result, I then used Windows Key+Printscreen and I had a screenshot. Preview showed it so it was put where the program expected it to be.

I guess we can safely assume that there is a bug in the existing process.

Peter
    I was having similar problems not getting screen prints anywhere but it seems to have fixed itself (current build 100464 )
    Just checked after reading this
    ctrl/print & alt/ print will show in paint but not in Trainz screenshots or preview
    windows/print & capture will show preview in Trainz
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

I don't have the Gold subscription but I do have multiple monitors.
    I have no idea if this will help you, but worth a try.

To get a save on a screenshot on the active monitor, use Ctl + Alt + PrtScn
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

United States of America, Calif., Greenville
    Blog Entries

Tony,

100890 Crashes repeatedly on loading a Saved Session. It starts to load correctly and then just goes Boom, gone.
    It will load per-existing sessions and shows an assertion each time.

Dave
    Last edited by DaveL; June 6th, 2019 at 08:54 AM.
    This is NOT a Test, I hope!

My large route is very slow to appear once map is loaded from session. Placed a new spline road but it was not visible as texture did not show. Move around a large route and the redraw takes ages. Takes time to settle down with some assets coming and going.

Looks promising.
    But there is a problem with switches - none is rendered as procedural. This was for me a problem with the last version only on some locations in driver mode, now is on the whole route in both modes.

Regards
    Darko

All my frogs have disappeared and the blades do not move anymore. They still make the sounds, but no movement. I had finally found some nice track that has frogs and the blades move, the Protrack B series. Driving or Sureveyor same thing.
    TRS19 - 103250 - T:ANE 94812
    i7 6700K @ 4.0 ghrtz, nVidia 970
    I don't have a PhD, I have a DD214 - Freedom carries sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Tony,

100890 Crashes repeatedly on loading a Saved Session. It starts to load correctly and then just goes Boom, gone.
    It will load per-existing sessions and shows an assertion each time.

Dave
    If you look at my last post, I had the same problem. Things were fine after going in to Trainz Settings and changing some item from Ultra to High in the performance Tab. Maybe it has to do with memory, or maybe it is just my system.
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Same for me on all routes.

Regards
    Darko

Finally got there! After having to move stuff around, to add yet another install.... Quick Download and patch, one strange issue, had a load of faulty assets that were not before, ran full DBR, no change, so had a look, all were faulty category-class and all had the same fault as in "GL " note the space instead of "GL" etc, assorted creators. Looks like the error checking has been stepped up? also a few had gaps before the quote in category-region, that however wasn't picked up. Anyway having spent all evening sorting them out now perhaps I can actually look at the update!

Getting an assertion on closing down manage content, if that's at all relevant.
    Malc