Trainz Plus Beta (Q2 Update) - 100980 (PC)

Paul_Bert - the game should prompt you to do that (submit/revert) when you try and load it in from the in-game routes screen. If the issue is due to a crash then it's probably safer to revert depending on when the crash happened.

Shane

I have the same CTD problem, selecting either submit or revert. Can not drive or edit session because of the cdt.

Cheers Bob

I have encountered the same CTD problem, it seems to be a rather Major Bug that should have been caught earlier.

Dave

I would advise those who are getting a CTD to submit a bug report so N3V have got a chance of finding it quicker. You may have to supply more information though.

Shane

Paul_Bert - the game should prompt you to do that (submit/revert) when you try and load it in from the in-game routes screen. If the issue is due to a crash then it's probably safer to revert depending on when the crash happened.

Shane

There was no prompt in this case. In other versions I know there is.

Finally got there! After having to move stuff around, to add yet another install.... Quick Download and patch, one strange issue, had a load of faulty assets that were not before, ran full DBR, no change, so had a look, all were faulty category-class and all had the same fault as in "GL " note the space instead of "GL" etc, assorted creators. Looks like the error checking has been stepped up? also a few had gaps before the quote in category-region, that however wasn't picked up. Anyway having spent all evening sorting them out now perhaps I can actually look at the update!.

i imported several of my error free routes from TR2019 and also found faults in some of the assets from the DLS. Spent an hour or so fixing these. I hope this new version doesn’t require me to become “Mr. Fix It” for days before I can enjoy the game. It reminds me of the hours spend when we first installed TANE trying to figure out all the errors.

The first thing I usualy do is check the DLS for new stuff. I usually get at least 3 new items each day that appeal to me. Now after the last update/addition after downloading, I start Trainz and it crashes right back to the desktop. I get a DMP file. Then I can start Trainz again and play for a bit. I am totally afraid to edit my routes I am working on. Since the procedural track, (Protrack B series no frogs and blades do not move), is messed up here except for the TRS19 track, I don't know what else might happen.

Restoring a session from backup causes "weird things" to happen.

I had a session that kept crashing after exiting and returning back in. I deleted the session and restored the session from a backup just as we've always done in the past.

The session starts up okay, but the AI drivers derail and drive backwards.

Ya know guys, I'm beginning to think that NO testing was done before this Beta Release.
Case in point, I just ran the Limited in KS2 for a bit, then added 2 track inspection cars in Surveyor, then ran the Limited a bit more,Paused the game and quit driver, was flagged about losing my changes if I did not save. I saved it as a new session. upon reloading I immediately got an Assertion that the game could not find the 4-6-2, clicked continue and then got the same flag for the 2 inspection cars. The session then loaded with a view far away from where it should have been. Long story short, I had to tell the game where the driver items were and then it seemed to work fine.

Dave

Here is a new one. Made a new session. Basic take empties to a coal mine to be filled. I pulled up the map to change some of the switches, I changed 2 and turned the map off. I went into the cab and the blue lines of the track on the map were superimposed inside the cab along with the Map Display options button displaying. Could not make the map go away.

Last edited:
Ya know guys, I'm beginning to think that NO testing was done before this Beta Release.
>>

Far from it. Hundreds of test cases were completed, and dozens of issues were identified and fixed prior to this test being released.

The reason for external testing is to find new situations using new content. We totally expect people to find crash bugs, which, if we can reproduce, we can then fix.

Saving sessions from a cloned built-in route is one of the known issues that is now fixed internally.

I went into the cab and the blue lines of the track on the map were superimposed inside the cab along with the Map Display options button displaying. Could not make the map go away.

>>
Nice find - it's a new HUD feature ;) (only joking).

Purely using Surveyor, i get random black screens. The game disappears to the desktop and everything is closed down including the launch menu.

Not reproduceable as it is so random. Sometimes in Surveyor for 20 mins and it happens, other times 2 mins.

Sometimes just flying along the route to find stuff to alter or fix. Other times, just move a tree off the track bed and bang, TRS19 is gone.

Reverted to the previous build of TRS19 (non beta).

Got to the stage where i couldn't even open any route for edit or drive a session.

Black screen was occuring during the pre-caching launch screen.

First time in any Trainz version, that i haven't been able run a beta version.

Once in a while I get a CTD simply when clicking "Start Trainz" in 100980. Launcher exits too. Trying again works fine. Seems random.

Update to Build 101274:
I had a good start, there was no crash anywhere.
On one of my routes I used Pguy's content extensively and everything works very well.

Thanks for a good job

Imported several large routes to test. No problems with any missing assets. No CTD's....yet. All seems fine so far.

Back