Trainz Plus Beta (Q2 Update) - 100980 (PC)

Looks promising.
But there is a problem with switches - none is rendered as procedural. This was for me a problem with the last version only on some locations in driver mode, now is on the whole route in both modes.

Regards
Darko

All my frogs have disappeared and the blades do not move anymore. They still make the sounds, but no movement. I had finally found some nice track that has frogs and the blades move, the Protrack B series. Driving or Sureveyor same thing.

Tony,

100890 Crashes repeatedly on loading a Saved Session. It starts to load correctly and then just goes Boom, gone.
It will load per-existing sessions and shows an assertion each time.

Dave

If you look at my last post, I had the same problem. Things were fine after going in to Trainz Settings and changing some item from Ultra to High in the performance Tab. Maybe it has to do with memory, or maybe it is just my system.

Finally got there! After having to move stuff around, to add yet another install.... Quick Download and patch, one strange issue, had a load of faulty assets that were not before, ran full DBR, no change, so had a look, all were faulty category-class and all had the same fault as in "GL " note the space instead of "GL" etc, assorted creators. Looks like the error checking has been stepped up? also a few had gaps before the quote in category-region, that however wasn't picked up. Anyway having spent all evening sorting them out now perhaps I can actually look at the update!

Getting an assertion on closing down manage content, if that's at all relevant.

I just got a CTD starting up to drive.

Running a DBR now and will get back on the horse and try again.

Took a bit longer this time but got another CTD this time in the Cornwall route, may be related to swinging round to view in the other direction.
Also getting some serious track flashing in that route.

Junctions remain higlighted when passing cursor over them Need to press CTLR+H to clear the junctions. - All junctions highlight, then none are shown until passing the cursor over a junction again.

2019-06-06 193118.jpg 2019-06-06 193123.jpg

I Cant get it to download the patch for TANE or Trs19 so what do i do?.

Are you a Gold Member subscriber?

If not then this version is not available to you and is only for the Gold Membership.

If you are a Gold Membership subscriber, check that you have chosen the proper download. You need to choose Trainz Plus Beta in order to download from the download stream. You check/change this in the Launcher under Install.

If you have chosen this, and still can't download, then contact the helpdesk.

Junctions remain higlighted when passing cursor over them Need to press CTLR+H to clear the junctions. - All junctions highlight, then none are shown until passing the cursor over a junction again.
>>

Thanks John - it looks like switching to Driver enables the Junction Overlay each time.

Just had another CTD.

Found a correlation between actions.

Edited a route/session.
Saved.
Quit back to menu.

Loaded up session again, and ZAP! CTD!

Thanks John. Most likely fixed (if it is save game related). Not fixed if it is session related.

Saved.
>> In Driver or Surveyor?

Loaded up again
>>
Load Save game? Edit Session?

Also, is this your own route or a clone of a builtin route?

Thanks John. Most likely fixed (if it is save game related). Not fixed if it is session related.

Saved.
>> In Driver or Surveyor?

Loaded up again
>>
Load Save game? Edit Session?

Also, is this your own route or a clone of a builtin route?

Interestingly. This is what I found:

This is a clone of the 1930s Cornish Route.
The session is a clone of the same route.

I've been editing while in Driver by switching to Surveyor-mode to make changes - replacing switches, adjusting things - basically putting everything through its paces.

After the CTD and DBR, I went in and I can edit the route in Surveyor fine. In fact what prompted me to exit and come back in is the driver complained about a junction missing a lever, but the junction levers were there. I was verifying if everything in the route was in fact there with me editing. In Surveyor, the route at that place is missing the tracks I fixed. I fixed that and exited.

I then loaded up the Session again, and there was a CTD (second time).

I'm running an EDR now, hopefully that fixes the problem, but it probably won't if this is a bug.

Last edited:
That issue (with cloning routes and creating sessions) has been fixed internally, so should resolve your crash issue.
We've also fixed the stuck clock, an issue with new drivers not being added to the Driver Setup rule.

We'll have a new build out next week with those and a few other fixes included.

Meanwhile, if you're able to reliably get a crash, then please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report.

That issue (with cloning routes and creating sessions) has been fixed internally, so should resolve your crash issue.
We've also fixed the stuck clock, an issue with new drivers not being added to the Driver Setup rule.

We'll have a new build out next week with those and a few other fixes included.

Meanwhile, if you're able to reliably get a crash, then please submit a bug report here: Trainz Bug Report.

Thanks for the bug report link.

I will test again, tomorrow most likely because the EDBR is running.

I'm glad the issues were snagged already. This is why I have duplicate data. I can test all I want in one version without ruining my other.

Last edited:
I often get CTD's when I zoom out in surveyor and move to another part of a route, this happens when rotating while zoomed out to.

Ron

Hi Tony

When is the update available for Mac users?

I am currently on Build 100438.

Last edited:
Ran into a CTD issue. I was working on one of my routes, going back and forth between the driver and surveyor. When I made changes in the surveyor mode I always saved these and then went back to the driver mode. When I exited the game from the driver mode I got a crash to desktop. I restarted the program but found that the route was faulty due to both the route and session being "open"

I submitted the edits and then tried to restart the route in surveyor. It kept crashing to the desktop. I had to re-import my route and session from my backup to get it work properly again. Apparently the program didn't like the way I submitted the edits. Should I have reverted the edits instead of submitting them. If so it seems that there should be an option/warning asking me whether I want to revert or submit.

Back