Trainz Plus Beta (Q2 Update) - 100980 (PC)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released the first external test of the next Trainz Plus update.

This update is available to all Gold Class members and will patch from the PC build 100464 to 100980 using the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream. The patch is 1.3GB.

This update focusses on the Unified Driver Surveyor mode.

We strongly recommend you make a copy of your current 100464 build and patch the copy. This will create a new local data folder and avoid any conflicts with your existing "live" build.

The patch includes updates to the status of roughly 500 assets from payware back to the correct built-in status.

More information to follow...

Known Issues:
* Creating a Save Game when in Surveyor produces an Assertion - WorldEditor::WriteView (and a Faulty save game asset).
* Creating a Save Game on a cloned route produces a faulty asset (due to incorrect route dependency).
* Locos + drivers are not auto-added to Driver Setup (but can be manually added)

Last edited:
There is no
Trainz Plus Beta patch stream to change to. Only TRS 19 Beta, A Beta, and 2 for TANE and 1 for TMR2017.

Hi Tony
Corrected payware back to built-in. Does this mean that all the DLC assets that are built-in are available on the DLS for those without gold membership? This was the problem with downloading DLC routes and assets that showed built-in and used in created routes but in fact was not available to non gold members or those who did not download the DLC routes.
One other point, it is getting confusing all the different stream names. Could you not just call them in a numerical order TRS19 BP1, TRS19 BP2 for the beta versions and just drop the B TRS19 P3 for public release.

Last edited:
I guess that this is the place to ask a simple question without letting my frustration be evident.

I would dearly like to know where 2019 hides its screenshots. Please lead me.

Peter

Is there anyway to download the UDS file (1.3g) and then install from hard drive? I am having problems getting the patch via the patcher - it keeps dropping out, and doesn't resume where it drops out from. This means it begins at the start of the download after every drop out.

I have the gold version.

Russell

Last edited:
narrowgauge: Screenshots are kept in a folder called 'screenshots' which you will find in your Local User Data directory at the path shown in your Trainz Settings, Install tab input box under the label 'Local data folder'.
This folder is created the first time you create any screenshot.

Nice Try, no win.

I opened an asset for edit at random and it showed me the path that lead to the edit area.

users/peter/appdata/local/trs19/build ebj08rin1.... It showed the item I had opened.

It also showed an EMPTY folder named 'screenshots' confirming that the program knows where the screenshot should be.

PC_ace. I have worked with Trainz since Christmas 2001 and I am well aware where the screenshots should end up. My question was because TRS2019 obviously does not know that it should be putting screenshots in there. I went through the screenshot process several times with no visible results.

I guess this could qualify as a 'bug'

I asked the question in case the system has been changed or I have a local problem.

Narrowgauge

This means it begins at the start of the download after every drop out.
>> The UI may not show that it resumes but it does. Keep trying.

Screenshots were working last time I checked- are you using hotkeys or clicking the menu option? Try both.

Hi Tony,

When I click the "done" button after changing streams, nothing happens....no download.

help?
Dave

Narrowgauge, same as you buddy December 2001.

Make sure that your location for storing screenshots is not "read only".

If it is then screenshots will not save at that location.

Guys.

I am taking the shot using the menu option, and whatever I click on (I tried every combination and singles) nothing produces a recorded screenshot. Screenshot review showednothing. Tony, I never use hotkeys, too much to remember. BUT, there is more. Screenshot review shows nothing back at the terminus which where 2019 loaded me, I played with the settings and Screenshot review showed me a screenshot of that area. I am not sure what I did. However, I promptly clicked my way back to the site of the original screenshot and nothing worked.

I will try to reproduce what was a (fleeting) working sequence and try and remember what I did. What is the Hotkey? I will check that.

Incidentally, the subject train is stationary. I will try a moving train just in case that is a factor.

Peter

Back