Proto LARS (PL) Industry Question

JIb228

Multiplayer Guru
I'm aiming to have more prototypical operations on my route. CMTM is the clear choice, but I've been having some issues with Portals and CMTM in TRS19. And at this point I am not looking for any help with CMTM.

So I'm going back to an old favorite, the Proto LARS/PL industries tracks. But I am wondering, with TRS19's "streaming" system, will they work still on large routes or will I run into any issues with them? I know how to set them up, and have them working on a small 1 board test route. But my 130+ mile project route they will be spread out over large distances and I am worried that they might bug out with TRS19's streaming stuff.

I am using the PLs also, and have them on a couple of large routes with no problems. They are still be very best and most realistic industry track! Thanks again Lars!

The LARS interchange still functions perfectly also.

I invite anyone who would like to make new PROTOLARS industries with the newer products, please feel free to do so and share with the community. We still have Lars blanket permission to do so. I intend to do this myself, but I have a lot on my plate right now and I have to relearn how to do it. My first attempt failed pretty miserably!

Cheers,
John

Last edited:
Thanks John. I'll start plopping them down on my route knowing they should work properly.

I've got one that I keep cloning and editing to make very specific industries. Maybe I'll get around to uploading them at some point.

I am using the PLs also, and have them on a couple of large routes with no problems. They are still be very best and most realistic industry track! Thanks again Lars!

The LARS interchange still functions perfectly also.

I invite anyone who would like to make new PROTOLARS industries with the newer products, please feel free to do so and share with the community. We still have Lars blanket permission to do so. I intend to do this myself, but I have a lot on my plate right now and I have to relearn how to do it. My first attempt failed pretty miserably!

Cheers,
John

John:

It's too bad we don't have access to the original source code for LARS that Lars decided to encrypt for some strange reason. Without access to that code we cannot extend or update it.....

Bob

Bob

I am still working on Lars to find these files. He says they are on an old PC that he hasnt used in ages. I WILL badger him until he actually looks for them:D

Cheers
John

Bob

I am still working on Lars to find these files. He says they are on an old PC that he hasnt used in ages. I WILL badger him until he actually looks for them:D

Cheers
John

John:

I appreciate the reply. This is really important because at some point, because of some future Trainz major version changes, that his code will possibly no longer work, which will cripple product handling capability in Trainz. If we have the code we can fix and extend it to make sure that this does not happen.....

Bob

Bob

Sent email and received a reply.. Lars is leaving for several days vacation, says he will try to find the files upon his return.

I will remind him.

John

My next question. If I recall, its been years since I last used these, do they still have an issue with resuming a saved session?

Last time I used these if I spotted a car at an industry to be loaded/unloaded, then saved the session and came back to it another day, they cars would load/unload unless I gave them a little bump. Is that still the case? Or am I just misremembring an issue I had with an older version of Trainz?

Bob

Cheers
John

It's been a while and I haven't seen any update on this John. Has Lars lost the code?

Bob

I have asked Lars several times to attempt to locate these files. He has said he needs to look through an old computer and isnt sure if they are even recoverable. I dont think he has done so yet. I will politely ask ONE MORE TIME. But I am not holding out a lot of hope for success.

Cheers,
John

I have asked Lars several times to attempt to locate these files. He has said he needs to look through an old computer and isnt sure if they are even recoverable. I dont think he has done so yet. I will politely ask ONE MORE TIME. But I am not holding out a lot of hope for success.

Cheers,
John

OK, thank you.

Bob

Bob,

Here is the reply I received from Lars just now.

John

Hi John.

I did a quick try but discoveredthat it will need a larger effort to check due to differences in videocardconnectors and mouse/keyboard.
And at the moment I have beenordered at work to do some overtime. So unfortunately the src will notavailable for a long time, if ever.

Regards

Lars

Bob,

Here is the reply I received from Lars just now.

John

Hi John.

I did a quick try but discovered that it will need a larger effort to check due to differences in videocardconnectors and mouse/keyboard.
And at the moment I have been ordered at work to do some overtime. So unfortunately the src will not available for a long time, if ever.

Regards

Lars

Thank you. That is unfortunate. All it's going to take is one small change by N3V in some future version of Trainz and LARS product handling capability will no longer work - and many routes depend on it - including all of mine.

Bob

Back