Is it safe?

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Recently downloaded TRS19 UK Regional to my E drive and moved associated files from the C drive to the TRS folder on E drive, including packages/builds. E drive is a HD and C drive SSD the latter becoming dangerously to close to capacity. It seems I have now two drives with some duplicate builds/packages after copying.

My q here is can I safely delete packages/builds from the C drive to free up space without affecting the running of the program fired up from E drive?

I changed the main menu setting from C:\Users\Val\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build y4ng8eqf1 to E:\Trains Routes\TRS19\data\build idhgd3i31

All works normally from the E drive at present, although a tad slower to boot up and considering a calculated risk in deletion, should not [I think!] adversely affect anything located in the E drive. Well that's my logic and could be very wrong.

Thoughts
ps I am no comp ace.

Val.

If you've checked in the Trainz settings and the path matches what you're expecting, then you should be fine. I'd perhaps suggest relocating the "unwanted" folder first, then confirm that the game still starts up and runs fine without it, before actually deleting anything. That way you can always put it back if something goes wrong.

chris

If you've checked in the Trainz settings and the path matches what you're expecting, then you should be fine. I'd perhaps suggest relocating the "unwanted" folder first, then confirm that the game still starts up and runs fine without it, before actually deleting anything. That way you can always put it back if something goes wrong.

chris

That's thinking like an IT pro there! :D

Exactly my recommendation.

chris

Cheers Chris,
Followed your advice. All seems normal.
Many Thanks.

Back