Saving sessions and runaround etc

rmdk

Was wondering if I am doing something wrong.

When I save a Session and return to that session later, all the runaround commands are “forgotten”. By that I mean the drivers are left stranded after having commenced the runaround prior to closing.

Also, signals that had a “wait until......” command on them before closing the session, lose their control on the reopening of the session.

Is this normal behaviour with saving/reopening sessions, or is there something I’m missing.

Russell

These "features" have been reported several times, by me and others for quite some time. Yet we get muted responses from N3V. Nothing you can do on the "runaround" or "couple at trackmark". On the "wait for", I use a partial solution. If you place that command, it will be forgiven during a save. But if the command is in the schedule library, it stays and works perfect. Let me add,: If you send a consist to a portal, and while it is inside, waiting to reappear, you save the session, the consist will never return. There is another command called "Wait until". It can be set for hours to wait. But upon saving and resuming, sometimes the command disappears and the consist starts happily unexpectedly. In sum, the saving sessions part of the game is flawed, as some things get saved, others are not.

Thanks for the replies.

Just have to wait and hope for a fix sometime in the future.

Russell

In sum, the saving sessions part of the game is flawed, as some things get saved, others are not.

To avoid some confusion of terms here, it is the saving of driver games, not surveyor sessions, that has these issues.

You can add other items to your list such as the layers that are hidden when a driver game is saved but are visible when that game is reloaded and played. All have been reported and await a solution.

To avoid some confusion of terms here, it is the saving of driver games, not surveyor sessions, that has these issues.

You can add other items to your list such as the layers that are hidden when a driver game is saved but are visible when that game is reloaded and played. All have been reported and await a solution.
Correct: I have never had an issue with saving what you do in Surveyor. In fact it works quite well. My observations are related to sessions. Is it going to be fixed? These problems have been with us since very earlier iterations of the game, and we all have been hoping for the next "best Trainz ever" to have them corrected. And here we are today..

Back