Using an iPad Mini to read the Forum

I have been using an iPad Mini with Safari as the browser to read the Trainz forum for the last 3 years. Until recently it worked perfectly. In the last 2 weeks or so, the menu items New Posts, Trainz Store and Private Messages have become overlapped. I have no idea what suddenly caused this.

The problem only exists on this page; no other section of the Trainz forum and no other web site has this glitch. I tried deleting and re-creating the “bookmark” link to the forum page, but the menu overlap problem is still there

Luckily, that menu area acts as if it’s just New Posts, which is what I’m trying to access, but is there a way to make the forum page display properly again?

Last edited:
Not sure if this will work as I don't have an iPad mini handy to experiment with, but have you looked at the Quick-styles options combo at the bottom left of the forum screen to switch between standard and mobile styles?

I have been using an iPad Mini with Edge as the browser to read the Trainz forum for the last 3 years. Until recently it worked perfectly. In the last 2 weeks or so, the menu items New Posts, Trainz Store and Private Messages have become overlapped. I have no idea what suddenly caused this.

The problem only exists on this page; no other section of the Trainz forum and no other web site has this glitch. I tried deleting and re-creating the “bookmark” link to the forum page, but the menu overlap problem is still there

Luckily, that menu area acts as if it’s just New Posts, which is what I’m trying to access, but is there a way to make the forum page display properly again?

I have the same issue on my ipad where text overlaps the" new posts" portion of the menu ,it started doing it a few days ago. That's the only portion of the menu that is obscured,certain websites seem to also have text that freezes on the screen from the last visited page on the site , text from the newer page is displayed underneath and of course its impossible to read it.
. I find my ipad has issues on facebook too, duplicating words, unable to edit occasionally, who knows whats going on.....

Last edited:
I also started seeing this a couple of days ago. I have a 12.9 inch iPad Pro so the smaller screen of other iPads is not the problem. Switching between Standard and Mobile doesn't make any difference.

Cayden

Last edited:
Same on my iPad. I'm currently using it since I'm up in Far North Queensland for a week. Whenever I've used my iPad for the forums it's always been somewhat misaligned and I assumed the pages are designed for normal layouts - whatever they are.

It is not just on iPads. I have a Samsung Tab A 10.1 and have been experiencing the same problem for the last week or so.

Don't know if it's faulty code but I would expect that area to wrap and maybe look a big ugly but functional. I can't select Trainz Store so I'd expect N3V might have an interest in that.

Suggest use your browser's "View Page Source" (or equivalent) command to see what might be causing this display error.
In Chrome, FireFox and Edge browsers, hitting the F12 function key (on PCs) will also display the code in console or developer view.

Suggest use your browser's "View Page Source" (or equivalent) command to see what might be causing this display error.
In Chrome, FireFox and Edge browsers, hitting the F12 function key (on PCs) will also display the code in console or developer view.

If it really is a fault in the web page coding, I see that as a job for N3V or whoever created the page, to analyse and fix.

The problem is with the way your iPad mini's interpret the old vBulletin HTML DOC format which is not HTML 5 compliant.
Was there a recent iOS or browser update on that platform?
vBulletin's CSS and coding is some form of HTML 4 hybrid and includes quite a bit of sloppy code.

The problem is with the way your iPad mini's interpret the old vBulletin HTML DOC format which is not HTML 5 compliant.
Was there a recent iOS or browser update on that platform?
vBulletin's CSS and coding is some form of HTML 4 hybrid and includes quite a bit of sloppy code.

There's always a recent iOS update with Apple, haven't noticed any with the browser.

not working well on mini 2019 either

Any update for this? I'm still having this problem on my new iPad mini 2019. What about you guys? Have tried on different browsers, but with no better result. Anything new?

No problem with iPhone

Very strange, it did not working fine on my iPad, but when I open the website on my iPhone XR (running the latest iOS), I don't see any disorder.

Back