Unable to edit ATSF GP60M.

ekeenan

I thought I read somewhere that we should be able to edit anything/everything? For starters, this locomotive does have a bug where the rear axles rotate in the opposite direction when driving nose forward. When I do try to open it, I get the not authorized message? The odd part is I can open the ATSF C30-7.

Make a clone, of the locomotive, then clone of all the dependencies. After that, edit the clone of the locomotive, make it use the cloned dependencies. Get it working, then you can edit the bogey direction on the cloned parts.

I thought I read somewhere that we should be able to edit anything/everything?

You may have seen a comment that these assets should be editable but unfortunately they have been converted to payware or built-in and are no longer editable. This has happened to a lot of assets. You may be able to download the asset from some other source into a different Trainz installation and adjust the KUID to obsolete the payware/built-in version, and then make the changes you need.

Turns out I had to submit a bug report because this particular locomotive is locked to editing and cloning even though its built-in. I left a post on the JointedRail forum because I initially thought they were responsible for issues. This locomotive is payware in T:ANE.

Turns out I had to submit a bug report because this particular locomotive is locked to editing and cloning even though its built-in. I left a post on the JointedRail forum because I initially thought they were responsible for issues. This locomotive is payware in T:ANE.
This might work. Download the freeware version from JR into TS12. Modify the KUID to increment the version number and import the edit folder. Export to CDP and import the CDP into TRS19. The import should obsolete the payware version.

I already checked their site. It appears this particular locomotive is only for Trainz distribution. Definitely not available in the freeware category.

Back