Difference between DLS and DLC - DLC vs DLS

CitMusJoe

Trainz User
The relationship between DLS (DownLoadStation I assume) and DLC (DownLoadCenter or DownLoadContent ?) is not quite clear to me. So I ask if someone can explain this in a bit more depth or provide an appropriate (forum)link?

Already searched here via advanced search, no hits.

_______
Josef

DLC = Payware as Downloadable Content from N3V that you purchase or get via the Gold subscription that isn't normally free, there are occasional exceptions.
DLS = Free stuff from the Download Station using Manage Content or the Download Station web page.

DLC = Payware as Downloadable Content from N3V that you purchase or get via the Gold subscription that isn't normally free, there are occasional exceptions.
DLS = Free stuff from the Download Station using Manage Content or the Download Station web page.

Thanks, Malc, now it's all clear so far. But one small thing I don't understand.
When I start TRS19 the launcher reads 'Build: 100240'. But I don't have any Gold/Silver membership as far as I can remember. I purchased approx. October 2018 via www.auran.com. The mainpage is titled 'myTRAINZ'. So how can a user identify inside Trainz if he has a gold/silver or none membership? I can only post a screenshot from my launcher.

7npte42b_png
https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5468/7npte42b_png.htm

_______
Josef

Gold Plus is build 100464 and you will have the Trainz Plus Stream available in the Update Stream in settings, you would also get Trainz Plus newsletters and emails about the vault.

And add to this the CM (Content Manager) and various other content windows/views.... it is confusing.

From a TRS19 perspective.. here's what I see to consider. See question marks below. Will research myself and answer my own questions if others don't chime in. I'm not sure which items below are considered "CM" and which are "DS." TRS19 in game "my content" seems to have somewhat combined the functions/terms??? Others are free to jump in.

Again... in TRS19:

CM CONTENT MANAGER (MANAGE CONTENT Button in Launcher window)
Lists all content. Mine shows 387339 total items. "Unknown" "Obsolete" "Payware" "Modified" "Faulty" "Installed" "Installed from DLS" "Built In" "Available for Download" and combinations of these "Unknown, Obsolete" & etc.

IN GAME
"My Collection" "All" open question- is this Payware and Freeware not installed??????
"My Collection" "Premium" - Payware not purchased????

WEBSITE - LOGGED IN
• My Memberships > Manage Content Vault (Shows my Silver membership items to choose and download)
• My Digital Downloads > Shows my full purchased TSR19 app download (With built in Kickstarter)
• Account Page > "Download Station" > For uploading to DLS
• Download Station (web page) - is this same as Content Manager with "not installed" selected ???????

And then there's the "automatic" in game "Downloads" window of non-downloaded but purchased items (including membership items). Is this download window referred to the "DLS in game download window"??

Last edited:
And add to this the CM (Content Manager) and various other content windows/views.... it is confusing.

From a TRS19 perspective.. here's what I see to consider. See question marks below. Will research myself and answer my own questions if others don't chime in. I'm not sure which items below are considered "CM" and which are "DS." TRS19 in game "my content" seems to have somewhat combined the functions/terms??? Others are free to jump in.

Again... in TRS19:

CM CONTENT MANAGER (MANAGE CONTENT Button in Launcher window)
Lists all content. Mine shows 387339 total items. "Unknown" "Obsolete" "Payware" "Modified" "Faulty" "Installed" "Installed from DLS" "Built In" "Available for Download" and combinations of these "Unknown, Obsolete" & etc.

IN GAME
"My Collection" "All" open question- is this Payware and Freeware not installed??????
"My Collection" "Premium" - Payware not purchased????

WEBSITE - LOGGED IN
• My Memberships > Manage Content Vault (Shows my Silver membership items to choose and download)
• My Digital Downloads > Shows my full purchased TSR19 app download (With built in Kickstarter)
• Account Page > "Download Station" > For uploading to DLS
• Download Station (web page) - is this same as Content Manager with "not installed" selected ???????

And then there's the "automatic" in game "Downloads" window of non-downloaded but purchased items (including membership items). Is this download window referred to the "DLS in game download window"??

The All content view in Content Manager will show everything including what's installed as well as on the DLS. What you will see in this view is:

* Payware installed (both active and inactive)
* Built-in assets
* Your own routes and content
* Anything installed from the DLS
* Anything installed from third party sites such as Railroad Mods, and Jointed Rail among others.
* Open for edit assets
* Faulty assets, which includes actual faulty content in addition to assets missing dependencies, and assets with faulty dependencies
* Obsolete assets installed plus on the DLS
* Anything on the DLS

In a nutshell, none of us use, or rarely use the All content and will sort on various columns, categories, because the view is too inclusive.

Yes the DLS web pages shows the content that's only on the DLS in a web form. You need to use the FTP mode to download the individual CDPs. In the past this was the only way to download content prior to TRS2006.

I'm not sure about the My Collection stuff. It may be that you had the Gold before and now have Silver only so that stuff is no longer active.

The download window - in game is just that. This is the stuff just as it says your DLC and built-ins and includes updates to that content.

Back