norfolksouthern37 - shadow issue

poolboy

[h=3]Justin,[/h]A small shadow issue in TANE with ARMN 72′ Reefer, BNSF 72ft Reefer & UB 72ft Reefer from CC. TPIX Mechanical Refrigerator Boxcar from Juice Train Pack. the shadow under the reefer is not disappearing in game I have asked QA Team about this issue and they repled back to me:
reply:
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)][FONT=&quot]Following up on my previous with a Dev reply: [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)][FONT=&quot]
[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9)][FONT=&quot]"The shadow effect you see in preview reveals a way the asset was built a long time ago before Trainz had shadows. It requires the object to be updated and re-saved with the faux shadow removed."

[/COLOR][h=3]Justin can you please update these assets ?[/h]
bpj2ory.jpg
Qhgskgm.jpg
FTZo3mX.jpg
gPAnDA8.jpg
[/FONT]

"The shadow effect you see in preview reveals a way the asset was built a long time ago before Trainz had shadows": so, why payware rolling stock from RRMods has the same "faux" shadow?

Trainz never ever supported shadows for diffused source of light, this "faux" shadow plane with alpha gradient greatly simulated it before TANE came with their alpha-to-coverage useless nonsense invention. Promised by N3V to be repaired since 2017 or maybe earlier but as far as I know it is not repaired in latest SP4 beta (which would mean it won't be repaired in TANE ever), it is simply ignored. Same so far fully ignored issue with loco lightning too bright and with "faux" loco light beams planes, same with previously perfectly realistic russian signals lights, lamps night planes etc. N3V intentionally destroyed this great effect without offering adequate substitution. This all in the name of N3V false feeling that players need to be disallowed for increasing performance cost this way. E2 has to be bad engine if gradient alpha makes any significantly increased performance cost then. Refer to here for example: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...h-Alpha-channel-on-fake-shadows-(TANE-SP2-HF1) Of course I know, N3V small company, no money, no dev capacities, other priorities than graphic look....and other tales. BUT...! You can enjoy whatever scarce metal membership instead.

Trainz never ever supported shadows for diffused source of light, this "faux" shadow plane with alpha gradient greatly simulated it before TANE came with their alpha-to-coverage useless nonsense invention. Promised by N3V to be repaired since 2017 or maybe earlier but as far as I know it is not repaired in latest SP4 beta (which would mean it won't be repaired in TANE ever), it is simply ignored. Same so far fully ignored issue with loco lightning too bright and with "faux" loco light beams planes, same with previously perfectly realistic russian signals lights, lamps night planes etc. N3V intentionally destroyed this great effect without offering adequate substitution. This all in the name of N3V false feeling that players need to be disallowed for increasing performance cost this way. E2 has to be bad engine if gradient alpha makes any significantly increased performance cost then. Refer to here for example: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...h-Alpha-channel-on-fake-shadows-(TANE-SP2-HF1) Of course I know, N3V small company, no money, no dev capacities, other priorities than graphic look....and other tales. BUT...! You can enjoy whatever scarce metal membership instead.

A good summary of a sad situation.

The 3 in N3V stands for "2 steps forward and 1 back". JR and other creators should not be blamed when their older creations are suddenly made to look bad when N3V takes one of their backwards steps.

-

Last edited:
Back