Disappearing Baseboards

All of the baseboards on my route has disappeared except for one. how can i fix that?

Hi, You haven't been very explicit or explained the circumstances surrounding your predicament.

What program were you using ?? TS12, T:ANE or TRS19 ?

What procedures were you doing at the time ?

You may have just simply deleted your route; or maybe the video driver in your computer is not up to scratch, or it may have died.

Can you open up any other route in any of the other programs?

Regards,
Roy

Hi, You haven't been very explicit or explained the circumstances surrounding your predicament.

What program were you using ?? TS12, T:ANE or TRS19 ?

What procedures were you doing at the time ?

You may have just simply deleted your route; or maybe the video driver in your computer is not up to scratch, or it may have died.

Can you open up any other route in any of the other programs?

Regards,
Roy

I'm using TRS2019 and i just started building a route and i saved my progress, but when I came back to it all of the baseboards except for one was missing.

I have also had this happen in TRS2019. I was unaware of any problem on saving, but when re-opened the route, there was just one baseboard.

You have kept a back-up, haven't you?

I'm using TRS2019 and i just started building a route and i saved my progress, but when I came back to it all of the baseboards except for one was missing.

I've found when exiting any route I have opened, I am prompted twice, as to whether I want to save the route or not.

Very important to nominate a name for your route when first saving. Then when you choose to exit the game, it asks if I need to save again. I always click on 'Yes' and as a result, I have never lost any baseboards.

Also. some people make another mistake when editing their route;.... They go to the Main Menu on the left of the page, they select 'Edit Session' without having set-up and named a Session. Any additions made to an un-saved Session will be lost.

I save my work every 10 minutes. If my computer ever crashes (it doesn't) then I can go back to the last saved, then add what may have been lost. That way you don't lose everything.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Roy

I'm having the same problem with trains a new era, disappearing baseboards...... never used to have this problem..... please help

And what do you see on the single board? does it have any scenery?, tracks or assets? I have had this happening, but the single board was totally virgin with just the grid (the name was intact). So, put you back-up and presto, it solves the problem. however, the backed-up route is missing a ton of things. My back-up are simple "save to CDP" of route and session at least once a week.

My back-up are simple "save to CDP" of route and session at least once a week.

I am a lot more paranoid. Every-time I exit Trainz I create CDP backups of what I have just edited (route and/or session). At least once a day I copy the CDP backup files to a second internal drive, 2 external drives and 2 cloud servers.

I am a lot more paranoid. Every-time I exit Trainz I create CDP backups of what I have just edited (route and/or session). At least once a day I copy the CDP backup files to a second internal drive, 2 external drives and 2 cloud servers.

Similar actions here, once bitten twice shy!

It's now routine for me, work, save, save to CDP locally then before finally turning off the PC, copy to external.
I also do frequent back ups to memory sticks...
These are sturdy and made of metal, you can label them, or tie tags to them, store them in a draw and also lose them :D

https://www.ebuyer.com/858594-samsung-bar-plus-silver-32gb-usb-flash-drive-muf-32be3-eu

The bottom line is: One step forward Two steps backwards. And the forward cost you money... As we say in the Northern Hemisphere, The World is upside down.

baseboards on my route has disappeared

All of the baseboards on my route has disappeared except for one. how can i fix that?

I have also had this happen to me. I was using TRS2019 that I upgraded to in early October. While constructing a new route and adding more baseboards, I would have to stop, save and return at a later time. When I returned to the route, the baseboards I had added just before the last save, were gone. Now I didn't have anything on the boards yet, except for small sections of track that I lay at each corner of the baseboard to help me map them out.

I found out pretty quick that the baseboards weren't actually missing, just invisible. So, I opened the topography tools and added the baseboard back. When I did, the track markers I had placed were still there.

This happened about three more times, but after the first time, I knew what to do. I have also noticed that when I really start to build on the boards that gave me trouble, they never did again.

Now that I have installed the new patch, this hasn't happened. Other issues happened, but not the missing boards.

I have had an absolute nightmare with assets (not boards) going walkabout for no obvious reasons. I have replicated areas of my route on 3/4 occaions and have been almost reduced to tears.

I had lots of help from the Help desk but I lost all confidence .

First thing you MUST do is go onto the DEV screen and make sure that the compatability mode is set to " maximise compatability" and not maximise performance". I ronically, this sort of halk worked but they were adamant that is even more than essential, it is critical.

After this didn't work properly I sough there advice and asked the difference between routes and sessions which I had never fully understood. I received an explanation but it sailed over my head into the land of "technobabble" that N3V so often baffle me with. ( I have the odd head problem and can't always remember things"

Anyway, I have started religiously backing up both route and session with an incrementing number so I have lots of backup.

This really does work and I have lost nothing for the last 3 weeks

I therefore say, many, many thanks to the boys on the helpdesk and that I will always use sessions in future, never routes.

Please do let me know how you get on

Graham.

Shefford,
Bedfordshire

No worries. Don't be too hard on yourself, the route\session paradigm does have a bit of a learning curve. Especially when we start adding "layers" into the loop. But once you get into it it'll become second nature.

The Route is where the map board lives. This is typically used for terrain, buildings\industry, track, etc. To use a database term, I think of this as the "parent".
- When you load a route in surveyor, add stuff to the world, and save, things are saved to the route layer.
- You can check this by simply loading a route, putting down a tree and looking at its properties. You will see a "Layer" dropdown that says "route-layer"

The session is a subset of the route where trains and their associated schedules live. I think of this as a "child".
- When you load a session in surveyor, add stuff to the world, and save, things are saved to the session layer.
- Same as above, you can check this by simply loading a session, putting down a tree and looking at its properties. You will see a "Layer" dropdown that says "Session"

Here's a simple test you can play locally. Let's use CM to keep it simple.

1. Run the Launcher > Manage Content
  2. Filter CM on "My Content"
  3. Create a new route (CTRL+ALT+N), the default name is "New Route".
  4. Place one tree. Check the properties of the tree - it'll say its "Layer" is "route-layer."
  5. Go "System Menu > Exit Game > Save (option is 'Save new route and session') > click Ok"
  6. Now in CM, you will see "New Route" AND "New Route - Default".
  7. "New Route" will show under the "Type" column as "Route" and "New Route - Default" will be "Session"
  8. Now load the session "New Route - Default" in surveyor
  9. You will see the tree you placed in the route because the session (the child) inherits objects placed in the route (the parent).
  10. Now place a second tree. Check the properties of the tree - it'll say its "Layer" is "session-layer."
  11. Go "System Menu > Exit Game > Save (use option 'Overwrite existing session') > click Ok"
  12. Now load the route "New Route" in surveyor again.
  13. The tree you placed in step 4 will be there but the tree placed in step 10 will not.
This shows how things save\load differently when it comes to routes & sessions.

So it all depends on what you open for editing that determines where your assets are going to live.
More info on this is available here

Stay safe,

George

Back