Wacky Tacky smoke modules

ktain.ny

Well, I purchased 2019 against my better judgment, and now something seems to be wrong with the smoke and exhaust modules for my locomotives, seemingly all of them.

Before you ask, no its not because Bill Klein's mohawk pictured below is an old and outdated model, this happens for all my engines even after database repairs. So I'm not sure what to do, and I'd like to get some help here.

SExi1Tt.jpg

What is the status of your "Use PhysX Simulation" control in Trainz settings? Is it on or off?
What happens when you change it?

In TANE and TRS19 if you have 'Launcher/Performance/Use PhysX Simulation' checked you will get some odd random smoke affects, but you will get smoke in tunnels and no smoke going up through certain assets such as bridge decks. If you leave 'Use PhysX Simulation' unchecked you will get proper smoke from locos, but none in tunnels and smoke rising through bridge assets. It is your choice. I have read in this forum that the random effects are due to the surrounding scenery, especially where this is from older builds. Newer scenery assets seem to cause fewer problems.

Ingha

ingha - Nope - if you have Use PhysX simulation unchecked then you will have smoke passing through objects overhead, including tunnels.
Some assets can be created to shield/ deflect the passage of smoke though objects (particle collisions) when Use PhysX simulation is applied.
Unfortunately, there are not too many of these, and there are often other unwanted particle effects when PhysX simulation is turned to 'On' in T:ANE and TRS19, so in general, many of us simply turn this effect off to avoid those gremlins.

Hey, thanks for replying guys.

My physx thingy is checked on. When I turn it off, the smoke works fine.

Very strange...

Hey, thanks for replying guys.

My physx thingy is checked on. When I turn it off, the smoke works fine.

Very strange...

It's due to the collision boxes for things like telegraph / phone wire Speedtrees buildings etc, which the PhysX smoke gets bounced by, this can be fixed by editing the configs of anything that affects the PhysX smoke, very tedious and not perfect,
I used this on some of my TANE billboard Trees.
Code:
enable-pfx-collisions                   0
Easier to just turn it off though.

PC-Ace - Nope - that is exactly what I said about smoke rising through objects with the box unchecked, but it also stops smoke in tunnels. Try it in 'Kickstarter'

Ingha

Back