Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Northwest Trainz

Default Pacific Northwest Trainz

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any good sources for some 1940s/50s PNW rolling stock, or if anyone has created any that I can use. Locomotives, passenger cars, freight cars, cabeese, reskins or original content, what have you. I'm creating a route that goes from Tacoma all the way up to Blaine, and unfortunately there is very little I can use to recreate some of the trains that were around at the time. If anyone can help, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Caleb

That's a great question. I know, NP, MW, and SPS all ran those routes at various times, but I don't know who was still running them in the 40s and 50s We have rolling stock and locos for all of the above, and I am guessing a lot of the steam locos were still in service then, except for MW, which would have been electric....
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Jointed Rail has some stuff including fallen flags such as Northern Pacific, and I think Burlington GP7s and GP9s. Cloaked Ghost made some Great Northern Empire Builder train sets. My recommendation too is to check the DLS. It's surprising what's out there.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    That's a great question. I know, NP, MW, and SPS all ran those routes at various times, but I don't know who was still running them in the 40s and 50s We have rolling stock and locos for all of the above, and I am guessing a lot of the steam locos were still in service then, except for MW, which would have been electric....
    Milwaukee ran mostly electrics, though steam and early diesels could occasionally be seen in some areas. NP, GN, Milw, SP&S and several shortlines were still quite active on their own until 1970 when BN formed and 1980 where Milwaukee popped smoke on everything west. It was mostly still steam in my timeframe, which is of course harder to find/reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Jointed Rail has some stuff including fallen flags such as Northern Pacific, and I think Burlington GP7s and GP9s. Cloaked Ghost made some Great Northern Empire Builder train sets. My recommendation too is to check the DLS. It's surprising what's out there.
    Both fortunately and unfortunately, I have already downloaded what I can use from JR and am currently using it. I searched up Cloaked Ghost, but the only mention I can find of his EB is here on the forum. I can't find it on his site anywhere. The DLS has had some surprising items come out of the blue, but alas I think I have found most of it. Thank you though

What you are looking for is diecastgalore's "eb_" series 72 rail cars of the Empire Builder on the DLS. (he was working on a Northern Pacific passenger consist, I don't know the status of that)

You might want these too

by pweiser on TPR http://trainzproroutes.org/tprdownloads/ search for pweiser and/or paul weiser

TrainzForge has some GN F units by anl and some NP RS11s by trainboi1
    Last edited by normhart; May 28th, 2019 at 05:41 AM.
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

I did not know GN did electrics. I learn something new every day here.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Yup, primarily for the 7 mile tunnel but there were 76 miles electrified. Rumor has it that someone is or was working on the route.

Pweiser has done all their electric locomotives (except the early tunnel motors), I forgot to post a pic of the biggest one

Last edited by normhart; May 28th, 2019 at 07:58 AM.
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Norm,
    Most amazing. I forgot all about the TPR downloads, but thanks to you, I now have two more of Pweiser's gems, the GNW1 and the GNY1. They work just fine in TANE and TRS19 - thanks Pweiser. Thanks for the fine pictures and the info Norm.

Heinrich505

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Az109,
    Tacoma to Blaine sounds like a cool project. Was any of that route electrified?

I lived up that way for 10 years, in Puyallup, but had to drive to Seattle for work - Bleah! Loved to watch the trains working their way along the waterfront in Seattle, and the switchers blasting their horns during the Mariner's games.

I'd be very interested in such a route. Would love to see screenshots if you have them.

Heinrich505

I've gone through the TPR and downloaded all the applicable items, as well as goign ahead and downloading ALL of diecastgalore's stuff, ince it's all pretty good and I'm never too sure if I have everything.

Heinrich505, it is still in it's really early stages. Most of what is laid down so far is the GN/NP Mainline. I have a few buildings put down as reference as well, but nothing really screenshot worthy yet. As for electrification, the Milwaukee was entirely electrified on this end of their line, minus the Bellingham/Sumas and Tacoma/Morton lines I am constructing. GN wasn't electrified passed Skykomish(?), though.

Finding the Auburn station on the TPR was actually quite surprising. It would have made my day if it had actually worked.

I bet there's folks here that could tell you how to make it work....

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    I bet there's folks here that could tell you how to make it work....
    I'm working my way through it reading various articles and videos. The build being out of date is a slight problem.

Good evening all,

Definitely made a good bit of progress on this a year on. I'm still trying to figure out how to post screenshots on the new forum style so stand by for those!