Finding instances of an asset in a large route

horacefithers

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but the forum search is so primitive I wasn't able to find an answer...

I have found there are a LOT of Installed, Payware items in my BC&SJ route. Yes, I realize this is my fault for using them, but as a complete noob I didn't realize what I was doing.

That said, I need a way to track down use locations for particular kuids in my route so I can ensure that swapping 'em out for other kuids is appropriate. Yes I know about the bulk asset replacement tool which is fine for replacing trees, but because textures act differently depending on the textures and items adjacent to them, bulk replacement sounds like a poor idea.

Is there a way to get a map to highlight the location of a specific asset type or otherwise quickly vector me to their locations? Ideally one that would warp me to the next location with a key press or click of a button?

Thanks,

H. Fithers

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but the forum search is so primitive I wasn't able to find an answer...

I have found there are a LOT of Installed, Payware items in my BC&SJ route. Yes, I realize this is my fault for using them, but as a complete noob I didn't realize what I was doing.

That said, I need a way to track down use locations for particular kuids in my route so I can ensure that swapping 'em out for other kuids is appropriate. Yes I know about the bulk asset replacement tool which is fine for replacing trees, but because textures act differently depending on the textures and items adjacent to them, bulk replacement sounds like a poor idea.

Is there a way to get a map to highlight the location of a specific asset type or otherwise quickly vector me to their locations? Ideally one that would warp me to the next location with a key press or click of a button?

Thanks,

H. Fithers

Usually what I'd do is use the Bulk/replace tool, but use a ground texture that would 'stand out' among all the ground textures already on the route. The ones I use is tolaris' 'hogxx' series of textures. 'hog' stands for 'Hand of God' and the 'xx' represents different numbers, each number represents a different color. I'd suggest 'hog67', <kuid2:9:21067:1>, which is a bright blue, 'hog64', <kuid2:9:21064:1>, which is a bright red, or 'hog65', <kuid2:9:21065:1>, which is a dark blue.

Back