Clunky Performance

Leo1704

I recently installed TRS 19 via Steam but the perfomance is very patchy. I have new PC, 8th Gen i7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070. It is not running smoothly, rather very quick stop/start performance. Is it because it is on Steam? Would it run better if I used the software directly from Trainz as opposed to going through Steam? And yes, I have lowered the setting so that they are medium, not ultra.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Leo.

I recently installed TRS 19 via Steam but the perfomance is very patchy. I have new PC, 8th Gen i7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070. It is not running smoothly, rather very quick stop/start performance. Is it because it is on Steam? Would it run better if I used the software directly from Trainz as opposed to going through Steam? And yes, I have lowered the setting so that they are medium, not ultra.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Leo.

I run the Steam version too, mines very smooth but the game and the assets folder are on ssd. I figure theres so much to a session to load an ssd is kind of a must.

Clair

Try turning off draw behind camera and streaming in launcher settings and reduce draw distance in game settings to 4km and increase from there. Defrag the HDD helps if it's a platter drive as well. Steam should not make a difference, but make sure you have a minimal amount of things running on the PC at start up.
Graeme

Is it because it is on Steam?

Oh look! It's 2005 again!

No steam is not doing anything to cause your problems.

Defrag your HDD (NOT SSD)

Update Drivers

Lower all sliders to left and increase from there.

Start low settings and increase and find the problem setting.

Back