Corrupted Route

OneBigCornFlake

I have been working on my own for a few months and all of a sudden when I loaded it today, all of my splines were gone. Track, roads, etc. all gone. Can someone explain this to me?
Thank you!

Are you sure you were editing the route and not the session?

If you were editing the session, you need to open the session in Surveyor, and merge the layers together, aka flattening the layers as they say in graphics.

Don't worry it's not your fault. The interface is the same and confusing. This is supposed to be changed soon(tm), but soon(tm) can mean a version or more later.

It can actually be related to the route/session distinction if the track etc was placed in the session but the next run was using Edit Route.

Shane

It can actually be related to the route/session distinction if the track etc was placed in the session but the next run was using Edit Route.

Shane

Well I left my computer running and we lost power, but it figured no big deal because the autosave has always saved my progress when either the game crashes or something similar to the power going out occurs. But I am not sure if that has anything to do with deleting all of the splines on the entire route.

I'd check your layers first before attempting to restore anything - the process will depend on which version of Trainz is affected since you didn't post in a version-specific forum.

Shane

I don't normally do email/PM support unless absolutely needed I'm afraid. Did you check your layers?

Shane

P.S. Remove your email address from your post to avoid spam.

Do either of them have an eye with a cross next to it? If not then I need to ask if you used Edit Route or Edit Session to load into Surveyor.

Shane

Hello OneBigCornFlake,

What is the Tane Buildnr?

I have had a problem in Tane with a route ( not original Tane build ). Suddenly only the groundtextures were still visible. Everything else ( road, track, buildings, etc was gone. This was in build 94115 and 94217 - build 94916 ( SP 3 ).

I contacted the N3V Q&A team and the small route was sent to them. If the Q&A team can reproduce the issue, then a solution is perhaps possible.

What was the issue with my route? For some unknown reason the assets didn't load for this route. This is a local issue within my Trainz Tane version.

What did I do to solve it? I checked if this route functioned OK in TS12. It was. So, I opened this route, did a minor change and saved it under a new route name.

This new route was then installed in Tane and when opening the route in Tane b94916 everthing was visible.

I don't know if your TS 2 Mac could be the rescue platform, but perhaps you can give it a try with a backup of your route.

Or, create a new route - merge it with your issue route - save it under a new name and see what happens.

Kind regards,

Kurt:wave:

Last edited:
There is another thing to try which is probably what Kurt's solution probably does as well.

Create single baseboard blank route.

Don't put anything on it.

Merge in your corrupted route.

This may reset the ground and put things back to normal.

Back