Thread: Casting off the gold sub

Default Casting off the gold sub

'......and Pharaoh knew him (her) not.'

Apologies for misusing these lines from Exodus, but that's how I felt about stopping my gold subscription. BUT the day has fallen and my gold sub has expired. I've patched my last unpatched copy of TS2019, and I then did a database rebuild, - and everything is fine. No problems, no missing dependencies, no red 'Faulty' marks of disapproval anywhere in CM. Now I'm wondering if I should go and buy a lottery ticket since it seems to be my lucky day.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

HP XW8400 Xeon, Dual E5320 quad core CPUs, 16GB RAM, 1Tb SAS Hard drive, Nvidia GTX 960, Win 7.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Now I'm wondering if I should go and buy a lottery ticket since it seems to be my lucky day.
    Don't speak too soon (TM).

I am one of those who decided right from the start that the Gold or Silver subs did not meet my needs - not that I am opposed to them and plenty of others, it seems, are getting value out of them. But each of us has our own expectations of Trainz, where it should be heading, what it should do and each of us uses it in different ways.

You may eventually decide to rejoin the elite.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

For the time being I do still have silver sub which is useful for the FCT aspect since I use the DLS a lot and the 10% off buying shiny new toys is better than a poke in the eye, but I'm not bothered much about the content vault aspect and the 5 choices each month since I already own the DLC I particularly want and the choices each month are the same old stuff just going round and round.
    We'll see how it goes, but since I now own the Uk regional edition of TS2019 I didn't see any point to having a gold sub anymore.

And yes I know I may have offended the gods of chaos by speaking too soon and will soon reap their fury, but at least for the present time TS2019 seems to be working Ok.

Aaaaaannnnd if TS2019 tips over at least I still have a fully working copy of TS2012 to fall back on. TS2012 might have its faults, but at least they are a known constant and it won't suddenly acquire a whole bunch of new ones overnight.

HP XW8400 Xeon, Dual E5320 quad core CPUs, 16GB RAM, 1Tb SAS Hard drive, Nvidia GTX 960, Win 7.

I've just cancelled my Gold as well
    On my pension $218.00 AUD is a bit rich for me to renew
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

Quote Originally Posted by big_b View Post
    I've just cancelled my Gold as well
    On my pension $218.00 AUD is a bit rich for me to renew
    Ditto, see my thread on exchange rate unfavourable for Aussies. You'll see what I did and did wrong.
    Where the hell is that fountain of youth

KotangaGirl, congrats on achieving the dizzy heights of 'Screenshot of the Week' winner, perhaps N3V could reward you with a free Gold subscription for a year! - somehow, I don't think they would!

Rob.

Thanks Rob. I'm kind of amazed really since Uk minor/light railways have always been the poor relation in Trainz.

My gold sub served its purpose in that it gave me a chance to kick the tyres and take the new simulator out for a test drive before I made up my mind about it. Once the Uk region version was released I knew that was what I wanted so I purchased a copy. It's only the Uk steam era that I'm interested in so buying the full version of TS2019 with routes in strange places I've never heard of was never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Thanks Rob. I'm kind of amazed really since Uk minor/light railways have always been the poor relation in Trainz.
    A good screenshot is a winner, no matter where or what it's based on. UK minor and light railways, real or fictional, are always of interest to us folks in the UK! Sorry, slightly off topic!

Rob.

Thanks Rob. Good to know since I do wonder if Uk Trainz folk are groaning whenever they see one of my screenshots, 'Oh no, - she's doing it again.'

You're welcome! Always interesting to see your screenies. I'll say no more on that subject in this thread.

Rob.