Question about inviting people I know onto here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, is it alright I bring my whole entire Team Rocket Good Guys and Team Plasma Good Guys family onto here? Including my lovely siblings and my school friends?

Suspect that they would need a log in name and password which is only issued to those who buy the game, so yes have them buy the game.

I don't know what the point would be... these forums are primarily for people to get support for the Trainz game, and beyond that to discuss things related to the Trainz games. If they don't have Trainz there isn't much of a reason to be here.

peter

I agree with PerRock. I can understand people who do not have the sim having the ability to ask questions about it in certain forums to help them make a decision to buy or not, or to go subscription or not.

But to allow in people who are friends of a Trainz user but do not have the game themselves is pointless. Most (nearly all) of the posts in these forums are technical questions asked by users who are having a specific problem or need more information about a particular aspect.

It should also be mentioned that we don't have an area for general chit-chat on the forums. So any of that type of stuff would be in violation of the Code of Conduct #15. The only reason I haven't moved this thread to the Community section is I'm uncertain if OP can access it.

Even if we re-opened the off topic area it would be restricted to people with registered games (and that's not going to happen anytime soon).

peter

It should also be mentioned that we don't have an area for general chit-chat on the forums. So any of that type of stuff would be in violation of the Code of Conduct #15. The only reason I haven't moved this thread to the Community section is I'm uncertain if OP can access it.

Even if we re-opened the off topic area it would be restricted to people with registered games (and that's not going to happen anytime soon).

peter

So when you mean by that, are you trying to tell me "ok we get it who we are! No need to flood the forum about it over and over again. We get it."?

TeamrocketDJJ

I think you may have the wrong impression about Trainz. Trainz is not a competitive game with Targets, Winners, Losers, and Teams. It is almost impossible for a group to work on one part of a project at the same time on the same computer. Although it is classed as a game it is closer to a model railway hobby.

The beauty of Trainz is that there is a world wide group of thousands of people who make routes, or make the parts to go on the routes or make the locomotives and rolling stock to use on those routes. There is no competition to make the biggest or fastest item. The majority of those creations are available to all users at no cost.

Unlike games where you are able to compete with others over the internet, Trainz can't be used that way. Generally, any single item or route for Trainz can only be worked on using one computer at any one time.

Some versions of Trainz will allow a group of people to operate a single route running on several internet connected computers but they are not competing, they are co-operating to work as a railway did in real life, but they cannot change the structure of the route.

If this is what you want, get the program and join us. You must realise that one purchase of Trainz can only be used on one computer and not shared with others. A warning. Trainz requires a reasonably powerful computer to run well. Tell us what you intend to use and let us advise you.

Peter

Last edited:
TeamrocketDJJ

I think you may have the wrong impression about Trainz. Trainz is not a competitive game with Targets, Winners, Losers, and Teams. It is almost impossible for a group to work on one part of a project at the same time on the same computer. Although it is classed as a game it is closer to a model railway hobby.

The beauty of Trainz is that there is a world wide group of thousands of people who make routes, or make the parts to go on the routes or make the locomotives and rolling stock to use on those routes. There is no competition to make the biggest or fastest item. The majority of those creations are available to all users at no cost.

Unlike games where you are able to compete with others over the internet, Trainz can't be used that way. Generally, any single item or route for Trainz can only be worked on using one computer at any one time.

Some versions of Trainz will allow a group of people to operate a single route running on several internet connected computers but they are not competing, they are co-operating to work as a railway did in real life, but they cannot change the structure of the route.

If this is what you want, get the program and join us. You must realise that one purchase of Trainz can only be used on one computer and not shared with others.

Peter

We all have one Gateway Windows 7 Computer and we only take turns playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back