Norfolk Southern - Sandusky District

Unfortunately that isn't doing the trick. The game doesn't even recognize the splines are there unless I take a track, in this case even the SAME asset that's supposed to be there, and drag a new spline out of where it should be. Suddenly a spline point appears and the missing spline section shows up and the bulk asset replace tool will work - but only for that spline section. At that rate it would take weeks to replace every track on the route. I don't think I've ever encountered a track asset this bad in my years in the game. I do recall, as you mentioned, this asset being extremely hard to work with on other routes I've seen it on or sometimes attempted to use it and quickly veered clear from.

Appreciate you responding, John. As info, I am using TS19. I had to register a new account when I bought it so my badge on here does not reflect my using of that edition.

I've been thinking about this and tried something that might help you.

What are your performance settings for Trainz?

I found lowering them down a bit to get rid of the PBR textures because N3V broke the built in ones from TS2009 era by updating them, allowed that track to appear quicker with less of a load on my system. Your results may vary but if this works, at least you can replace the track with whatever you want, and then bring back the performance settings to where you had them.

Here are my current settings. I have an i9, 64GB RAM, and an RTX3080. When I had the settings up, I had the same results as you but when I lowered them to this, the track loaded okay.

Shadows: Ultra
Main shadow resolution: 4096
Shader quality: Standard
Texture detail: High
Post Processing: Ultra
Water quality: Ultra
Detail scenery: Clutter + TurfFX
Antialiasing: 8x

I turned Shadow Quality Off because I thought someone said that caused issues with PBR?
Shadows does not affect PBR. It's SHADER quality you want. You only need to use that setting if you encounter a route where things are buried under the terrain and that will only happen where height mapped (PBR) and old style textures have been mixed. Setting shaders to standard means you will be missing out on the effects height mapping brings to the terrain.
cheers
Graeme

I have a Route of London Ohio on the Dayton District. If it helps. At my time at NS I do know the N&W crews from Watkins yard do work a L52 to London if you want to add London when you manage to get to Columbus. If it comes to it if you need any help with the Dayton District side of things in Columbus when you get there I could help, I live on the District not far.

Back